.. hey

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Nathan Carrick, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my name's Nathan, and I've been fighting depression for most of my life.

I joined this site today because I hit a real low, and I was desperate to talk to someone without being judged, which I seem to be getting a lot of recently from my friends.

I'm 21, in college, looking at maybe doing graphics as a future job. I really don't know what else to say right now... but I'm willing to answer anything anyone asks me.

2. detest

detest Banned Member

Welcome, Nathan.

How are you feeling at this exact moment?
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Nathan...Detest asked the most critical question, what is going on for you, and how can people here support you? Please post and let us know...welcome again
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

H Nathan i know how harsh peoples judgement can be and how it makes one feel. Please know hun noone will judge you here When you are ready please keep talking to us okay You will see there are people who can be so kind and the people who are judging you let them go on their way okay YOu are so much better then them hugs
  5. detest: alone. dejected. rejected. despised. nothing means anything to me. I sit in the cafeteria and poke at the food, hear everyone chatting and saying a bunch of nothing, and I feel nothing for it.

Sadeyes: what's going on is that I've had nothing but crap dished in heavy piles in various points in my life. sexually harassed in 1st grade, moved 9 times during the last 17 years, my ex-gf just told me last week she dumped me because she was late, and she only told me now because she miscarried, and since last summer several people have been telling everyone on campus that I raped a girl even though I didn't.
    When I said I was alone... I meant it. I literally have no one around who thinks I'm a half decent guy.

total eclipse: thanks eclipse. im sorry it took me a while to get back. been dealing with stuff.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Nathan, sorry to hear that you've been dealing with so much. People can be pretty cruel, but at least here we will not judge you and we will try to help you feel better. You said you don't have anyone around who thinks you are a decent guy, but you seem pretty nice to me. So just know that you do have people on your side.
  7. total eclipse

YOu know who you are hun and these rumours who ever started them they are the ones that are sick hun not you . I wish you could move schools get away from them the nothings no hun you are not nothing they are nothings okay not you
  8. I wish I could move too... except if I do, I don't have the guarantee that I have at this college that my tuition is $0.
    I really don't want to get caught in that post-college debt cycle... that long term would be more depressing then having to deal with pricks for another 2 years.
  9. detest

detest Banned Member

Nathan, you sound like you know what you're going to do in life, that's always a plus.
    Just hang in there, work hard, and you'll probably succeed where your critics will fail
    miserably. The greatest revenge is living well, I suggest you start working on making
    that living.
  10. total eclipse

I agree hun you focus on your work okay on getting through college and then moving on away from there moving forward with your life and not giving them any power to destroy you hugs
  11. thanks guys... this is really helping.

as far as it goes, I do have a clinical depression disorder. It comes and goes as it wills, but if it comes when a bunch of crap is going on... I guess this is what happens.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.