Discussion in 'Welcome' started by UnkelHeit, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

I'm not prepared to disclose too much right now. I'm doing this on a whim. I actually found this site via, of all places, Encyclopedia Dramatica. I felt like it was a sign. This isn't easy, though. I've made attempts at being social online before and have failed. I'm not sure if I'll stick around. It's not that I'm happy with my isolation. It's just what I'm used to.
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome to the forum, have a good look around and when you are ready we are all willing to listen and give you advice if needed. Take care and look after yourself.

3. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

hey and welcome to SF ,
    i hope that u find that we are a friendly bunch of people and that u do stick around ,

take care
  4. UnkelHeit

Thanks for the welcome. Here's a little more about me. I've dealt with depression for at least 23 years. That and other circumstances have made my life not so great. I don't have any definite plans right now. There were two attempts made but it's been about 16 years since the last one. I would like to just leave but obviously part of me wants to live.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey welcome to the forums!! I too am an isolationist I stay in my bedroom 24/7.. I only come out for necessities, appointments, and the grocery store..The rast of the time I am in my room..Just wanted to say hi and your not alone..
  6. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

Hello.. welcome to SF :hug:
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Hi there! Welcome to SF :mhmm:
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome hope you can open up soon and just be you okay lots of kind people here take care
  9. UnkelHeit

Thanks for the welcomes. I did spend a little time last night replying to a couple of threads. I guess I'm more ready to open up than I thought I was.
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the site. :shake: Glad to hear you are feeling ready to open up a bit. Maybe you will read some things you find helpful :)
  11. UnkelHeit

Thanks Gentlelady. I have opened up and I have read some helpful things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.