Heyho.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by JustKindaThere, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting to get much help out of this but I thought I'd make a thread and get some stuff off my chest anyway~
    I've been suicidal since I was like 15 but only as an adult realised how depressed I actually am. My problem is though I don't really know why I am depressed or even why I want to die...I am just miserable 24/7, no matter where I am, who I'm with or what I'm doing. Talking about this with most people is utterly pointless. I say I'm depressed, they ask why, I say I don't know, they say "then you have no reason to be depressed". I haven't told very many people that I'm suicidal but the few I have told (mostly just friends online) haven't taken me seriously or just plain not cared at all. I'm supposed to be getting some sort of therapy soon but I just know it isn't gonna help. I don't wanna tell any of my family how suicidal I actually am because I just know they'll have me sectioned somewhere. I've driven myself crazy these past 6 or 7 years of my life trying to fight off the suicidal thoughts I have in my mind every day and pretending to be happy but I can't do it anymore. I can't even sleep properly my mind is so screwed up. I am jealous of happy people. I know that my life isn't (and hasn't ever been) bad, but I still just feel so miserable and I dunno why. All I can think about is being dead. I'm a terrible, selfish person.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depression does not need a reason hun it can be a chemically inbalance depression where medicine would help you and you could get your life back ok

3. augustleo

augustleo Active Member

Hello there.....

I also think about being dead all the time. Sometimes if you can find something interesting to do that will completely occupy your mind you can momentarily forget about your/our pain. Having a few hobbies can help also. Whenever people become miserable they can sometimes hurt a million times more by thinking about it too much. No matter how miserable one person may become it is possible to find temporary relief by doing something extraordinarily fun for a while. If happiness is what we want then we must be willing to fight for it. Let go of all negative feelings/emotions and only focus on positive goals that will most likely yield positive results.

Only by forcing ourselves to think more positive can we farther delude negative emotions.

Put a sign up in your head that says:

NO NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ALLOWED!
    ONLY POSITIVE THOUGHTS ARE WELCOMED HERE!
    :grouphug:

4. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

Oh well I hope so! Because I'm gonna end up hospitalised if something doesn't get sorted soon :D

5. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

very good advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.