Hi all...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by uncomfortablynumb, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncomfortablynumb

uncomfortablynumb New Member

Hello everyone. I'm here cause I've been feeling really down and am really having trouble finding or even getting the motivation to find some kind of support group were people will, at least to a certain degree, understand what it is I'm going through. I've struggled with severe social anxiety and major depression for my entire life, and drug/alcohol addiction for nearly a decade now. I feel like I've accomplished nothing, and have just wasted my life. Drugs and alcohol have been a crutch, but it seems at this point they have diminishing returns. Suicidal ideation is something I've also struggled with and lately it's been getting worse.

Anyway, don't want to go on and on about myself. I just wanted to say what's up and write a brief intro about my struggles, so that maybe for the next 5 minutes I can stop thinking about suicide or drinking myself into oblivion. Hope everyone else is getting something from this forum.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi to you hun here you will find people who understand you hun and will not judge you hugs

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas and welcome to the forums! We also have a chatroom here =)

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi there.. Warm welcome to you now.. I have fought drug and booze myself many yrs ago.. Won that battle and hope you able to do the same.. Severe depression another battle been fighting forever.. The right meds have helped me and maybe will do so for you also!!!

If you are not already receiving some professional psych help, I highly recommend it for yourself.. TC, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.