Hi, all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ilaysia, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilaysia

Ilaysia New Member

Hi, I'm new to SF but I've been wanting to join a support forum for a while.

Early this summer (literally the first day of summer) I was tested for thyroid cancer and that went on throughout the entire summer until August. Then I moved to Chicago for school and realized I couldn't live there because I was feeling depressed, suicidal, lonely, and claustrophobic because of the city. Ever since all that I've felt more fragile than I ever have my entire life, and I'm usually very excited about life because I'm an artist with exciting ideas, and I usually love being alone, plus I have lots of great friends. I hope I can find some support here because I'm totally unfamiliar with this weird depression I get sometimes and being suicidal is scary because I've actually talked two people down from suicide.

I hope that wasn't too much for an intro, but that sums me up right now. I hope everyone else is doing well.

-Ilaysia

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Ilaysia no wonder you are depressed hun Hope the cancer has been beaten and you are on your way to getting some strength back Are you on anything for your depression
    Nice to meet you welcome to SF

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hey Ilaysia. Sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time. I think that often being an artist can be challenging. Because there often is a sensitivity to life that can lend itself to being thrown off kilter from time to time.

Might I suggest you put lots of glowing colors around you. Sort of like being inside an awesome magical prism. All the colors of the spectrum. Only much more amazing. Glowing through and around you. I do not ever say that here. But because you are an artist I figure it may be something you would find useful. I do find that color and light can be really healing. In a very real way. I have even done this as a guided imagry for people. Just try to keep pouring that light in from the prism or golden orb or whatever it might be. See if doing it can bring some relief in the long term. Or, totally forget what I am saying if my suggestion sounds too odd and you dont relate.

4. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

Hello Ilaysia, glad you found us here :)
    I'm sorry about your depression, we are here if you need us. We are your family here, and I'll look forward talking with you. Btw, we have a chatroom here, if you need someone to talk, just hop there alright?

Hope everything get better for you.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi llaysia and warm welcome to you.. Lots of other good ppl here trying to deal with depression and suicidal urges.. Hope you can find some of them and make good friends here.. Tc, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.