hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by possessednomad, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

Hi

possessednomad isnt my real name - its close but not quite, lol. anyway, i have depression, fairly chronic ocd and vitiligo, which contributes to both, tbh. as i have already said in the ocd section, my relationship fell through due to my girlfriends committmentphobia and my parents split up (with a few months). things have kind of fallen apart even more since then. ive found myself seriously thinking about suicide, though im a huge coward and know that i wont take a serious attempt at it. but recently ive been researching it a lot on the net.

i have anti-depressents for the depression and the obsessive compulsive disorder, but they do little tbh and when its chronic it doesnt really matter. everything is awful.

anyone with this condition in a fairly chronic state will know how much it can rule your life and how much it can affect you all of the time.

peace and love to everyone,

p x

2. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

I hope you can find support and friendship here. I understand the depression and ocd, but what is vitiligo?

3. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

It's a nasty skin diesase which has hardly any physical effects but which makes you lose sections of your pigment of your skin. its what michael jackson claims to have (lol). its bad because with ocd it gives you something else to fear and be anxious about (the vitiligo getting exposed to the sun and having a high risk of skin cancer and the fear of the vitiligo itself getting any worse), and then to the depression just because of how it looks etc. obv most of the stuff i do compulsively has no effect on my vitiligo at all, probably (see i had to to type probably, in order to keep things 'neutral', otherwise 'something bad' might happen), but then thats the main idea of ocd, lol.

thanks for your help already, i have a feeling that i may well be venting on here a bit! lol. i suppose you have to look at the bright side which is that i dont have scizophrenia or something like that but as im sure all or most of you know thats incredibly difficult with depression obviously!!!

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hi and :welcome: to the site. you are welcome to vent here and let us know how things are going for you. You seem to have a good sense of humor about you. I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Take care. :hug:

5. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. hope to see you around. i am bi-polar, manic depressant, severely emodisturbed. i know how you feel. stick around and post as long as you want. i do.
    theres great ppl here.

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Welcome :) When I was a gymnast, a girl in our class had the same disorder (vitiligo). She was beautiful and an amazing gymnast! Suzanne Metz, I think? I envied her in so many ways :) Stay strong...I have OCD, and it blows, but you can live a wonderful, happy life regardless :) Please try to be strong and safe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.