Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by kirstyrebecca, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirstyrebecca

kirstyrebecca New Member

Im sorry Ive never really done anything like join a forum before.
    Just thought I'd introduce myself.

My names kirstyrebecca, I'm almost 20 and I've been self-harming since the age of 13 and have 3 failed suicide attempts under my belt.

I joined this evening I'd been on before but never thought of joining. I guess it because my friends are rather lacking in what to say to me, like they've run out of, aww sorry's and it'll be ok's. I guess I was just hoping to talk to other people who know how I feel or that have been through it.

My suicidal thoughts come every so often its not everyday like it used to be. My mother put me into conuciling at 14 after my first attempt, which just made things a hell of alot worse, since she attended a quite a few of my sessions. I know she was just worried having already have lost one child, not wanting to lose another. But my brother didnt really commit suicide and I just think she didnt understand why I wanted to and I think she kinda thinks she failed me.

I supose my self harming started after moving high-schools, the bullying was bad and it got too much, I didnt know alot of people were doing what I was, I thought it kinda of odd and I managed to hid my selfharming for about 6 months. My family doctor thought it was a teenage thing and I would grow out of it. My father thought it was to do with the music I listened to. My parents have seemed to keep my attempts and self harming to themselfs, none of my family know, oh the shame of it, my mother would die.

Attempt number two was the big one, the week after my 18th, I knew that slitting my wrists didnt work, so I tired pills, I got every single cough pill, sleeping pill, paracetmol we own in the house and took it and all I remeber was waking up in hospital feeling like crap but I still wanted to be dead.

I guess it been hard on everyone I know not understanding it.
    My boyfriend of two years recently asked me to marry him, however I got a bit too much for him and we broke up, attempt number 3.

I dontk now what I want from the forum maybe it is just to know someone else has felt the same.

Thanks for reading my rant.
  2. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Hiya kirstyrebecca, welcome here in the forum. I'm confident you'll find someone here, whom you can share your intentions and background reasons with.

Rest assured, in this forum there wont be any embarrassed silences, no filling the space with empty words as you might have encountered in real life.

As you probably have already experienced, and read from your previous visits, frank exchanges,-at times-painful truth's, and hopefully insights into you and your worries are what this forum is all about.
  3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

:welcome: to the forum here. there are all kinds of people who can relate to you here. mind you we will do our best to help support you. please feel free to continue to share and please please take care.
  4. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome: :welcome:
  5. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

"welcome" to sf. glad you made it to get here. there are amzing ppl here that are willing to offer assistance anyway we can
    i feel for you for the loss of your brother.
    i wish your boyfriend had been able to stic around and support you in your times of need.
    feel free to pm me or find me on msn.
    take care and stay safe
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you have been through a myriad of things in your short lifetime. I hope we are able to help provide you with the support you need. Take care. :hug:
  7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

welcome to SF :hug:
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF kirstyrebecca :smile: :hug: x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.