Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by katieboro, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katieboro

katieboro New Member

I have just written my first thread, but came across this and thought id introduce myself.

i am 17, and in the space of 3 bad years at school i have developed all sorts of problems mainly social anxiety, no confidence that has took over my life, and suddenly affecting everything. My friends deserted me, and i have lost social skills and have become scared and unable to express myself and am even scared of the door bell as i will have to talk to my mam or dads friends. Just writing this down, alarms me to how many fears i have.

but basically i am going to have to start college again next year, and its my last chance, so i would really like to try and get myself back together again, and talk to people on here, as no where else will people understand or be able to talk about these things, i hope we will be able to help each other if anyone else is going through a similar thing.
    thanks katie

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Katie and welcome to the forums.

I'm glad you found us :D

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Katie.

:hug: xx

4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hi katie :hug: welcome to SF :smile:
    we're all here to help and i'm sure you'll be able to find lots of people with similar problems who you can relate to.
    i hope you find all the help and support you need to get back on track and are happy again. if you ever need to talk just PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as i can ok :smile: thinking of you :heart:
    triggs xx

5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf Katie. Replied to your pm :)

6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Welcome to sf.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Katie. Have you sought any type of counseling for your anxieties? Can you identify what they are associated with? I am glad you had the courage to post here. :hug:

8. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

welcome to sf katie :) i hope you find support and understanding here :hug: you can pm me any time

9. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to SF, Katie! I Glad you found us! If you ever wanna talk, I'm just a PM away! :)

10. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Welcome to the forum Katie.

11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome Katie I hope college goes well for you. You will find that people in college are more open and accepting of others. I think getting councilling for your anxiety would be a great idea even if you tell coucillors at your college they will help you. Glad your here

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum Katie!! I also think you should talk to a therapist so you can learn some coping skills.. This will help put things in a better perspective for you..PM me anytime you need to talk..

13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

hi katie, welcome to sf. its a good thing you want to start working on these issues you have, thats the first hurdle.
    it will take time but you can do it. have you tried talking to a doctor about your anxiety? somethimes meds can help
    i hope you find your solution

14. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF! :) Feel free to PM me if you need help with anything. :hug:

15. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Katie!
    Everyone here is always up to talking to you about anything. If you don't feel comfortable talking to them, feel free to PM me. Hope we can help you in a positive way.

Ronnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.