Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TomT, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomT

TomT Active Member

Hi.. never been good at introductions but I'll give it a go.. I'm a 35 year old guy who suffers from depression and what my doctors call a general psychosis (in other words they can't figure out exactly whats wrong and give me a dignosis). Why I'm here... just lonely I guess, I have no friends and only one family member still speaks to me, only people I get to talk to are my carers and a monthly doctors visit. Suicidal feelings come and go for me, I wish I could end it all but my one family member keeps me going, I don't want to hurt them and they've made it clear my death would do just that and I believe them.

Been going through a rough patch since I got out of hospital last, the ECT's and new and improved pills haven't been helping me much and its harder to cope everyday. Hoping maybe being here will help a bit, maybe even get to know some people who know what its like to live how I feel right now, wishing a hole would open in the earth and swallow me whole. Just feel so cornered and trapped, is this how the rest of my life is going to be? Scared, lonely and wishing I hadn't even been born?

Sorry for venting and being so miserable, seems for years now the only times I'm happy and not wishing I wasn't here is when I'm in the hospital psych ward, just wish that feeling of being safe and not being alone extended to my outside life.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just wanted to say hi, and welcome to SF!! :hug: You don't ever have to apologize for venting or posting here. It's okay. People here care, and we'll listen.

If you ever feel like talking or need a friend, my PM box is always open.

3. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!

We're here for you. :smile::hugtackles:

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't be sorry vent away okay glad you reached out take car

5. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF yorkie xx

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!!

7. Indian81

Indian81 Member

I know when you say 'you are living for that one person' - same here - the only reason why I am still doing this is because I know I will hurt my family terribly if I end this - Don't think about the rest of your life - take it one day at a time for now - don't think about things too far off - take baby steps and try and pull yourself up little by little.

8. TomT

TomT Active Member

Thanks all for the welcome.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Tom and welcome. No need to apologise, feel free to vent as much as you'd like to :) :hug:

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum TomT. I hope we can help you find that little bit of extra support so you can be happy outside of the hospital as well. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.