Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Oblivia, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblivia

Oblivia Member

Hi all,

My name is Lou (well to most people. Louise to my family). I'm 31 years old and live alone in gloomy Devon. I work part-time as a cleaner but I hate the job (it was all there was and I haven't been able to find anything else). I don't have many friends and my dad isn't part of my life. My health is bad (IBS, sciatica, RSI, various inflamed muscles and cartiliges, clinical depression and anxiety) which makes everything worse. Books and music are about my only pleasures in life. Oh and food. I comfort eat quite a bit which is becoming an issue as my teeth hurt so much that I can barely eat. Basically, my life is pure misery and when I look into the fufure, all I see is more of the same. I'd love to find a partner and I want to be a mum more than anything in the world but I'm damaged goods physically, mentally and emotionally and I don't think it will ever happen. And all these reasons are why I feel like I'd be better off dead. Pathetically though, I haven't worked up the courage to do it. *sigh* Anyway, I hope to get to know you all soon and I apologise in advance for lots of posting but I'm seriously depressed.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

welcome lou don't apologise it is a good way to get rid of ones sadness and pain venting it out glad your here.
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Interest in Books and Music is a very good start for someone like myself who also shares those interests. Not saying that I am the person you are looking for but there are many people out there (and here at this forum) with whom you will feel comfortable taking to.

So, with that lead in, there will be people who are interested in what you have to say. Then many others who share some of your symptoms and /or issues will also be intersted in your situation and the rest will likely be interested simply because you are a decent person who is worth saving or helping, and definitely worth talking to in general.

YOU ARE NOT "damaged goods" and most certainly YOU ARE NOT "better off dead". You may have felt that way for a short period but we are here to help you.

No apologies are necessary either...

Please...let's talk! Feel free to pm me whenever you wish. Please give the site a little time and yourself time to adjust to it and I think you will meet some very decent people here. I would wish you luck, but you don't need it...you will be fine.

Pleased to meet you...hope to see you around, :hug:

4. Oblivia

Oblivia Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes, violet and shades. It's nice not to feel like I'll be told 'don't be silly' or 'be grateful for what you have'. I find myself suffering in silence most of the time as I know the kind of response I'll get. I'm going to explore the forums thoroughly tonight when I have more time.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Don't worry about posting a lot. That is what we are here for. I hope we are able to give you the type of support you need to help you through the rough spots. And I guess, even the not so rough ones :) :hug:
  6. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to the forum, Lou!! I hope you find the support your looking for here!! if you ever need to talk or anything i'm here for ya! I'm just a PM away.
  7. Oblivia

Oblivia Member

Thanks for the welcomes
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Lou...
  9. Oblivia

Oblivia Member

Thanks stranger
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.