Hi all.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TrulyBlue, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrulyBlue

TrulyBlue Member

Hi everyone,

Am glad that I found this forum and like-minded people who are struggling too, although I'm not glad to have this depression/suicidal thoughts happen to myself or anyone else here.
    In the depths of this depression, it's hard for me to articulate thoughts and especially to put them in words but I'll try.
    For many years I've had depression(treated sometimes successfully, others times not). Sometimes it becomes so severe that awful thoughts of ending it start rolling around in my head, but really I just want the mental pain to go away and I'm fighting it at the moment.
    Next week I'll be seeing my doctor for hopefully an increase in meds, because it's hard to function or even work when all you want to do is end things.
    Anyway, am glad to hopefully meet/chat with others here.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi TrulyBlue, welcome to you. Hopefully things will start to get better for you once you see your doctor. If you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me.

3. TrulyBlue

TrulyBlue Member

Thanks so much, Witty :) I've a doctor's appointment next Thursday and hopefully this awful depression will start to get under control. It's great to have someone to talk with as well and I hope to catch you online soon :)

4. Witty_Sarcasm

That's really good news and hopefully things will get better soon. I'll be going to bed shortly but you can message me anytime you want. :)

5. TrulyBlue

TrulyBlue Member

Thanks Witty :) Just read your status update, are you alright? :(

6. Witty_Sarcasm

No, I'm doing pretty badly...but don't worry about me. I'm sure I'll be fine. How are you doing?

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI trulyblue.. was good to meet you in chat the other day.. glad you posted and let some ot it out with us.. done severe depression myself ofr ages.. call it the BEAST just caue it is.. medication has helped me a lot.. still lurking around like you but tolerable most times.. good luck the doc's appt.. hope you get some good help then.. hang in there and take care, Jim

8. TrulyBlue

TrulyBlue Member

Thanks Jimk, it was lovely meeting you too :) The appointment went well, am now on a higher dose of antidepressants. Am hoping that this will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.