1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Gizi, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gizi

Gizi New Member

Well, I came here tonight because...I pretty much have a history of depression. If I remember right, it kind of runs in the family. Anyway, it spiked with my first real suicide attempt in the high school. Long story short, I came home from the ER with one side of my face still tingling. And I wound up on Lexopro during college. I went off it after graduation, but lately, due to several factors — e.g. job woes, living-at-home anxiety, eating/weight problems — I've been inching closer to the edge. I feel like I come off as a pretty whiny broken record to the friends I usually vent to, and now I'm feeling bad about that, too. Don't really have the time or funds right now to start seeing a professional, so I thought maybe this comm. could help...

I want to get better. I hate feeling like I don't want to do anything except lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling in silence. But at those same times, I feel like I butt up against an invisible wall. Like I don't even feel comfortable in my own skin. ...help! Please?

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

Hi Gizi and welcome to SF. I'm dealing with a lot of the same stuff that you are, including the part of seemingly being annoying to friends. That's why I came here, because they didn't seem to want to help or listen. I found lots of support and caring people here, and I hope that you will be able to find the same.

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Gizi.......welcome, hun :) Aahhhhhhh, those invisible walls....know them well :) Lots of people here who care to listen to your thoughts and feelings, and this will make you feel supported :) Just feel free to write out how you're feeling, hun, and you'll find you're not alone and that people have been there too :)

4. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi Gizi sorry your so depressed, your not alone, keep posting here and you will find so many people here that can help in different ways .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.