Hi, all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Gizi, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gizi

Gizi New Member

Well, I came here tonight because...I pretty much have a history of depression. If I remember right, it kind of runs in the family. Anyway, it spiked with my first real suicide attempt in the high school. Long story short, I came home from the ER with one side of my face still tingling. And I wound up on Lexopro during college. I went off it after graduation, but lately, due to several factors — e.g. job woes, living-at-home anxiety, eating/weight problems — I've been inching closer to the edge. I feel like I come off as a pretty whiny broken record to the friends I usually vent to, and now I'm feeling bad about that, too. Don't really have the time or funds right now to start seeing a professional, so I thought maybe this comm. could help...

I want to get better. I hate feeling like I don't want to do anything except lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling in silence. But at those same times, I feel like I butt up against an invisible wall. Like I don't even feel comfortable in my own skin. ...help! Please?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Gizi and welcome to SF. I'm dealing with a lot of the same stuff that you are, including the part of seemingly being annoying to friends. That's why I came here, because they didn't seem to want to help or listen. I found lots of support and caring people here, and I hope that you will be able to find the same.
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Gizi.......welcome, hun :) Aahhhhhhh, those invisible walls....know them well :) Lots of people here who care to listen to your thoughts and feelings, and this will make you feel supported :) Just feel free to write out how you're feeling, hun, and you'll find you're not alone and that people have been there too :)
  4. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi Gizi sorry your so depressed, your not alone, keep posting here and you will find so many people here that can help in different ways .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.