Hi and hello to everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lexie23, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexie23

Lexie23 Member

My name's Lexie and I'm struggling heaps at the moment, with a lot of things...it's hard to put a label on it...I guess stuff like depression, BPD, anxiety, self-harm, bulimia and anorexia, but I just summarise it up as LIFE at the mo, life gets pretty hard.

I'm new here, so i thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 23 years old and studying psychology honours at uni in Australia, but am finding it very hard at the moment. I get distracted easily and instead trawl through the internet, and sometimes not viewing very helpful stuff :sad: But I found this site, and it's something that I've been looking for for ages, people that understand what is going on, and don't judge and all of that. Sure, I have my friends, therapists etc, but you don't know unless you've been there, hey? :tongue:

I've got sum friends who definately understand, but sometimes I find it hard to talk, and I communicate with friends over the internet, and I prefer to communicate via writing and over the net....writing is much easier than talking, it comes out. That's why I love writing poetry and stories.

I'm not really sure what else to write here, I'm a bit scared and nervous that I'll 'stuff up', but I'd love to make some new friends and just talk to everyone out there :D I don't have MSN or YAHOO just yet, but I'm at uni almost everyday (attempting to get work done- lol) and I'd love to hear from anyone. I don't judge, definately not, as I've been judged and I know it sucks!

from Lexie
  2. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

hi hun welcome to sf , hopefully u make lots of friends here and gain some support :hug:

Jo xx
  3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Hi Lexie

Welcome to SF. Hope you find alot of support here and some friends along the way. :smile:
  4. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF hun. Hope you find the comfort you're seeking here at SF.
    PM me anytime if you need to talk. :hug:
    PS: I know how hard BPD is... PM me if you need to talk about it. :hug: :smile:
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF hun. Hope to see you around soon.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. You will find all types of support here. I hope we are able to fill a need for you. Take care and stay safe. :hug:
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:
  9. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

10. Lexie23

Lexie23 Member

Hey, thanks so much for your welcome guys!! It feels great to be accepted somewhere! Hope to talk to you guys soon! Feel free to PM me, I'd love to hear from everyone x Lexie:biggrin:;)
  11. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

HEY! welcome, its nice to meet another Australian on here. ++ we have some other less exciting things in common.....but yeah. welcome, hope you meet all the loverly people on here :]
  12. black dove

black dove Well-Known Member

oh wow australians unite. that makes three of us that i know of now.
  13. Lexie23

Lexie23 Member

cool! lol, we need an Australian chat room now or thread!! :tongue:
  14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:welcome: :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.