Hi and Such

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by millicent*ophelia, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. New here. Not sure what or how to go about posting. I may lurk for awhile but I just wanted to let people know who I was and that I am lurking.

I am a 20-something mother of one in the midwest. I am a wife of a husband in a very demanding job, so I hardly see him.

I think that is where my depression stems from... the lack of a 9-5 life, the lack of help from a spouse, and some other things that I will open up about more when I find the appropriate forum.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)
  3. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Welcome Glad you found the forums!!! I hope you can find something to help you out here!! im here if you ever want to chat!!

4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x
  5. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

welcome to SF! :hug: i hope you find the support you need here :smile:
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Are you able to get out and do things during nthe day? Maybe if you have something to do while your husband is at work, the time will not seem so empty and endless.
  7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

8. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to sf :hug:
  9. Most of my friends are flaky. It's really quite annoying. I need to branch out beyond "chruch friends" because our church culture as a whole seems to be full of flakes.

Before we moved, I had tons of friends from childhood and up that I hung out with. I think I am missing that - nonchurch friends. IDK.
  10. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF!

11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

:welcome: millicent, i have spoken to you once or twice in chat and your nice to have around :smile:
    I think if you had some 'activity' or something to occupy yourself it would help, but not having support from your significant other is never good for oneself. have you spoke to him about needing more support? having a relationship you can freely talk in is always a needed thing, tho it takes alot to build up to. in the mean time you are more than welcome here and i hope you find some friends here you feel comfortable talking to :hug:
  12. Thanks WMS.

I think I should clarify, my husband is SUPER supportive and helpful when he is home. It is not his fault at all, but the career path that he is in.

Don't get me wrong, I knew about his job before I married him and love that he is great at what he does. I am very proud of him.

I am in the process of trying to find some friends here that aren't so flaky. Until then, you'll see me around here more often than not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.