Hi, another newbie here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Nick_K, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick_K

Nick_K Well-Known Member

Urm, so yeah, I am new here of course. I don't really know what to say about myself except that I hope to be able to discuss the main topic of this site without people freaking out. I cannot really talk about this with people I know because that is exactly what they will do, and most forums also have people go instantly to the "OMG CALL 911" mode if I post a question about suicide.

I'm in my 30s and have struggled with suicidal thoughts since I was pretty young. I am in treatment for depression both with meds and talk therapy. Lately I have felt not so much depressed as just wanting to end it. So far I have been resisting the impulse, but it is wearing away at me, day after day.

I need a place to ask about the more abstract philosophical aspects of suicide, particularly from an ethical point of view. In your basic mental health forum it's not kosher to have a frank discussion about this topic for fear of triggering. To date it has been the moral case against ending it that really keeps me back, but I feel kind of lost at the moment. So if it is okay, I hope I can stick around and get some input.

sorry if this was too long. Let me know if it is and I will do a shorter version.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Nick glad you found us and hope you can post what you are thinking and feeling hugs to you
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hi there. Welcome to SF.
  4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Welcome to the forum, this is a pro-life site and therefore the ethics speak for themselves.
    Many here share your pain and you will find great empathy and caring here.
    Please reachout and embrace it, read some posts, maybe make a few too, let people listen and try to put their viewpoint forward.
    Sometimes the answers are in front of us, the trick is to ask the right questions.
    I wish you well.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum!! :)
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Nick, welcome to the forums..There is no such thing as a long thread.. You can talk all you want here..Just don't mention methods..You will see that there is plenty of support here..
  7. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Hiya Nick, welcome to SF
  8. Nick_K

Nick_K Well-Known Member

OK thanks for the warning. Even though I read the rules I tend not to remember too well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.