"Hi-De-Hi" says Gladys Pugh

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Twocky61, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Just recieved an email from Maplin confirming an order. What order? Well........

My Christmas present from Claire :)

Without telling me she phoned an order in for a 'web only' item which is not available in store, though you can have it delivered to your local store from Maplins distribution depot.

And what is this present?

OMFG!!!! :makeawish:

It is none other than a handheld multi Channel CB Radio Transceiver :thankyoukiss:

To think CB radio is all but a dead pastime except for us few anorakish geeks like yours truly :rofl:

On a related forum someone is selling a Rotel RVC240 mobile CB which I asked him about that he is selling for £20 but now I don't need it (I was going to buy it. In 1982 my first CB Radio was the same model Rotel RVC 240 which I bought from Comet for £94.90. Nowadays the only places you can but CB's are Maplin & second hand electrical shops or Cash Convertor sort of modern day pawn brokers.

The thing with Claire is she knows my hobbies as I do hers (the few that she has) so she being the Darling she is thought very thoughtfully that the ultimate prezzy to give me would be a scanner but then thought the ultimate has to be a professional hand held CB transceiver

I will so love her for ever :hug: :hug: :hug:

:freehug: to my totally gorgeous incredible Claire; Well I say "My" but of course as my signature states she is not actually mine; she is her own person.
  2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Cool! My grandad used to use a CB radio in his car back when he was doing home inspections for a real estate company. He'd always have it on, listening to the long haul truckers talking to each other.
  3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

The old "Eyeball Eyeball" call on Ch19 when you see another vehicle with a twig on :rofl:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.