Hi everybody

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by 4degreesbelowzero, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4degreesbelowzero

4degreesbelowzero New Member

Where to start? I was thinking of writing the usual newbie stuff (name, age, location, etc.) but that's too ordinary so I'm going to just dive right in.......I suffer from AVPD, and I have social anxiety disorder and occasionally depression as a result. I can't seem to make connections with anyone, probably because I have trouble finding people that understand me. Rather than be ridiculed or come off as weird, I taught myself to bottle up my personality so that nobody will know what I'm really like. Before I leave the house each day, I put on my mask of being a laid-back, express-no-emotions type of person. I realized long ago it's a self-defeating strategy but I can't get out of doing it.

On another note, I'm an extreme existentialist who questions the meaning of why I do anything. I questioned what I was doing so many times that one day I came to believe that almost everything is meaningless, a hole that I'm still trying to find a way out of. I know that life is so valuable, yet I can't put the meaning into it.

I'm not really suicidal; I've never come close to it, but I rather think of suicide as a back way out if I can't handle life anymore. So I'm basically here to try to squash any of those suicidal thoughts and also give some help if I can.

2. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF.

Enjoy your time here. :smile:

:hug:

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am glad you found us. :hug:

5. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Welcome!! I tend to question why I am doing things or that doing things also.

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf :)

xx

7. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Welcome to you!!! I hope you find someone here you can talk to!! there really are so many nice and understanding people on this site! PM me if you ever wanna chat!

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome: :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.