Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by GameADDict, Sep 4, 2016.

1. GameADDict

GameADDict INFP

Hey everyone,

I just joined Suicide Forum. I guess I joined because I figured that the people here would understand me.

Anyways, I might as well introduce myself. I'm eighteen, male and Canadian. I have ADHD-PI (formerly ADD), major depression and social and generalized anxiety. I like to study psychology, watch anime, read/write poetry and play video games.

Blue Sunset likes this.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. I hope it helps.

GameADDict likes this.
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Glad you found us. Could you tell me what the PI is after ADHD? I haven't seen that before. I have the generalized anxiety and depression crap. You will find a lot of understanding people here. Non-judgmental sorts. Please share more about yourself as you feel able.

GameADDict likes this.
  4. Blue Sunset

Blue Sunset New Member

im new here too. I love psychology (newbie) and read/write poetry. HI.

GameADDict likes this.
  5. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Thank you for joining us here at SF. I personally look forward to hearing about you and what has brought you to this corner of the web. I invite you to read my personal story below in green and just know you are not the only in pain. You are not the only one suffering. Everyone here is fighting their own battles. While you are here, you are safe. No one will harass you or insult you in any manner. That BS is not tolerated here. I hate to hear that you are suicidal. You must have a lot of stuff going on in your life for you to feel this way. Do you know why we feel suicidal? (I am suicidal too, btw) If you don't know would you like for me to explain it to you? I want you to promise me that if you ever feel like you are in danger of hurting yourself, you will take yourself to the nearest ER, and get the help you need. There is no shame in getting help.

I would personally love to hear more about you. What are your dreams? What do you want out of life? What issues do you think , you need help with? How can we help you get into a better place?

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime if you just want to chat or want to talk about something in a private manner.

Take Care

GameADDict likes this.
  6. GameADDict

GameADDict INFP

ADHD-PI = Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Predominantly Inattentive. ADHD-PI used to be called ADD without hyperactivity. It's characterized by having more inattentive traits than hyperactive and is supposedly more common in females. We tend to zone out and daydream a lot. Although we still have the impulsivity of the other two ADHD types, ADHD-HI and ADHD-C. ADHD-HI is hyperactive-impulsive. It's the one where kids are constantly moving, fidgeting and et cetera. ADHD-C is a combination of the other two and is the most common, mainly in males but females can also have it. People with ADHD-C both zone out and move constantly.

SillyOldBear likes this.
  7. GameADDict

GameADDict INFP

Yeah, I would like to read your story but I couldn't find it. Could you PM the link to me, please? I also can't exactly promise anything about the ER. My past attempts have all been impulsive and in the heat of the moment. But I'll try.

Anyways, I had only two dreams but I think I've given up on them. They're both silly. I'm not comfortable with publicly discussing one of them but I have no problem with the other. I wanted to become a psychologist. I wanted to make a significant contribution to psychology like Carl Jung or Erik Erikson. However, reality is that I lack the recommended IQ to get a PhD.

As for what I want out of life. I honestly have no clue anymore. I guess I want what most people want. Love, adequate wealth and a good job. It all seems meaningless though.

8. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

It's hard to figure out what you want to do in life. Especially when you're trying to figure out your career. I've actually never heard of a "recommended IQ" for PhD studies. I'm in Canada too, I thought it was mostly based on you grades and how you do in school overall? I don't think that should stop you from starting your degree in Psychology anyway. One thing about life is that it is very uncertain. You can't predict now what may or may not happen in the future right? I think that your dream of contributing to psychology is a good one.

I'm 48 and on disability, but if you asked me what career I wanted, I still wouldn't know. But I do want simplicity, like you said, love, money to pay the bills and for me, harmony in the home, health for myself and my pets and solitude.

GameADDict likes this.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to SF. I hope you benefit from being here in this supportive and friendly community. We will help you through this as much as we can, glad you joined and are opening up here, that takes courage in itself. If you ever want to talk feel free to message me :) Best of luck on your journey to recovery.

GameADDict likes this.
  10. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

For what it is worth, I also have major depressive disorder and I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, as well as two cases of PTSD. I have an idea of what you are going through. I know that it is not easy. But we are here for you.

GameADDict likes this.