hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by forest, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forest

forest Banned Member

Hi everyone, I'm forest. I found this site while I was thinking about suiciding. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I'm taking antidepressants but they're not working very well. A bit like my life; I'm having a hard time finding motivation to do "anything" and I'm constantly fighting off urges to partake in "harmful activities". While I'm not working, or going to uni, etc I feel like I don't have a single goal / reason to go on. I hate my life. I'm bored without those harmful actions, and feel worthless with them. please help me find some other reason to go on living.

sincerely, forest.

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello Forest.
    I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down. Were you working or going to the university before? Having a daily routine is often important in keeping the mind focused positive. Getting up each day with a plan of daily goals, even if they're work oriented and not fun things, is healthy to wellness. Are you between jobs or waiting to return to studies? Do you have any hobbies or interests that you can increase during down times when you're bored? There are many things out there to suggest, but each person has their own interests and only you can determine which are best. Here's hoping that you find some activities or drive toward something that can free your mind up from the depressive mode and maybe give a little renewed motivation that will help you find a reason to smile.

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi forest, pleased that you have found SF, a warm welcome to you :) You understand your feelings very well and that motivation is the key that leads to feeling worthwhile and energised to enjoy life. There are many things which can help you in this - the goal being that your inner life becomes your friend.

Those of us more advanced in years who have grown to understand this concept also know that you need to start by having this as a long term goal, but never to let it out of your sight. We learn our way into it, and its a continuing process. Something that can start happening, or stop happening depending upon our decision to pursue it.

One of the best things we can do to help ourselves is to keep a journal of our feelings and what we are telling ourselves about them, and our decisions. There are a few truths about life we also need to embrace that will help us on our way - truisms that are applicable to everyone, such as:

We get what we dwell on...... "If I always do what I've always done, I'm always gonna get what I've always got" ..... It's not what happens to us in life that determines the outcome - it's the attitude we take towards it- etc........ motivational messages can help steer us in the right direction.

And it's best if we do this feeling there are others around doing the same thing - for support and encouragement - which is why SF is such a great place :)

4. TheRunaway

TheRunaway Active Member

Hi, Forest.

I'm new as well, but I certainly understand that feeling of life being mundane and boring without some goal, or someone to keep you going. Maybe taking up a hobby that isn't harmful to you in anyway, would help. Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for here. *hugs* :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Forest nice to meet you Have you told your doctor hun the meds are not working You doctor can tweak them a bit so they help you more I also think hun if you can find an activity you enjoy doing do it ok Art music sports anything hun it will help you not be so bored with living Keep reaching out ok people here are great to talk to hugs

6. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

Hi Forest

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you find the site useful, and get loads of support and help off it.
    I hope you make loads of friends here too.

Take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.