Hi, everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by bali37, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bali37

bali37 New Member

Hello everyone,
    My name is Morgan. I am 34 years old from Nigeria. My life has taken a downward spiral in the last two years. The problem is that it seems like I am the only one who knows about this. I currently have no job, no money and I am still living under the thumb of my mother. I was in Doha, Qatar as Febuary, 2011. I stupidly agreed to return to Nigeria to finish a postgraduate program that is getting more and more complicated by the day. I have hated the decision to return to Nigeria and now it seems I am trapped by my own fault. My mother is too domineering and I want to leave the country I am in. The problem is that I don't think my mother will release her hold on me. I have failed myself and my family and feel I have nothing to live for anymore. I feel God has abandonned me. I am waiting for the next wave of depression so that I can kill myself. Only the pastor of the church I go to knows I want to kill myself. Almost all my contemporaries are independent men with wives and families and I am the one who does not have either of them. I know that unless I leave Nigeria I may end up committing suicide. I don't want to fail in killing myself and I don't want fail in my suicide attempt. I have been praying for death to come and take me. I have also lost my faith in God. I am hoping for a chance to get depressed enough to want to kill mysel

2. Tired John

Tired John Well-Known Member

Hello Morgan and welcome. I'm quite new here myself and can only say that there are wonderful people here that can help see you through. My circumstances are very different from yours, but my feelings are in the same place. Give it some time that's what I'm doing.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Morgan what is keeping you from leaving you mother. You are 34 you need to be in a place of your own. Keep talking to your pastor ok or someone with counseling skills to help you
    Keep venting ok keep posting let some of the frustration out here it helps hugs

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi morgan and welcome to you.. thanks for opening up here with us.. lots of peop0le here that feel the very same way.. hopefully you will get to know some and together things will get some better for both of you together. suggestion to you is talk to your pastor of your church that seems to know some of you already and figure out how maybe you can make some of things better and a changing.. hope you stay safe and we hear from you some more here.. tc, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.