Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Intrepid, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been suffering with "stuff" for a number of years but in recent months and years it seems to get getting worse. I've tried a lot of things to find my self and my center but seem to keep coming back to the same fears and problems each time, and harder each time. Everything has seemed to have lost it value and meaning and I'm slowly shutting down on all the different aspects of my life. Like so many people, it's not so much that I want to kill myself, just that I don't want to be here any more. Having said that, each time I think of solutions to ALL my problems, suicide does seem like the answer to all.

One of the biggest problems I have when it comes to finding help is that I studied psychology and worked as a counselor for a childrens' charity and feel as though all the helpful advice and loving encouragement offered to me is just scripted and predictable. I still work with children in a school and am occasionally called on in a pastoral capacity and find myself giving the same encouragement and advice that I don't believe for myself.

So, that's me.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Intrepid welcome to SF It is so easy to reach out to help others hun it gets harder when one tries to help themselves. hugs to you

3. Python

Python Member

Welcome to SF, Intrepid. Don't be despondent. Everything's going to be alright. Just have patience. I was like you a few years ago. Suicide is never a solution.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Sometimes encouragement and support are very effective. Sometimes real problems have solutions and you just have not thought of the right solution yet yourself. I am glad you found us and if you care to share some of the problems that you cannot think of other solutions to maybe a few thousand years combined experience here can think of other solutions for you.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

As staff we talk about this often, how to balance the face we give to the 'public' with the voices of our truer self...I believe we can maintain more that one role and be authentic....yes, there are evenings when I want to ________(everyone fill in the blank for yourself) and use what I can to find compassion to others, that I question whether this is a split or not, but in the final analysis I have decided, for me, that much of the insights I use as a 'helper' come from the journey I am on...the book, The Sunflower by Simon Wiesenthal was so influential in my understanding of forgiveness (or not) and how to hold on to compassion while being tested...please continue to post and tell us how you are doing...also, my PM box is always open...let me know if I can provide any support...I definitely understand combat fatigue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.