Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Brave, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brave

Brave Member

Hi,
    I am new to this site and hoping that it will prove to be beneficial. I have struggled with Depression and Anorexia for almost 8 years now. I had a serious accident in the fall of 2007 injuring some nerves in my spine which kept me from a job I loved and sent me spiraling into a deep depression and when I couldn't cope I quickly developed Anorexia- unconsciously thinking it was a great way to cope.
    I had finally gotten to a point where I thought I could manage the pain (lots of PT, 3 surgeries, and the right combination of chronic pain meds), the depression (continue to work with an amazing psychologist and psychiatrist who have faith in me even when I don't), and the Anorexia (went IP for help and continue to work with a dietician) and accepted a new job and fell in love quickly with it and had another accident where I completely tore a ligament in my foot right before Christmas. I am once again in the same position of dealing with tremendous pain and not being able to do the job I love. Hence the Depression has come back very strong and the ED sneaks in every once in awhile.
    So I hope to learn from others how to stay strong and mentally healthy.
    Brave:butterfly5:

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:welcome: to SF Brave

:freehug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I'm sure you will get a lot of help and support from the people here, we're a friendly bunch, don't be afraid to reach out :)

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Welcome to SF Brave! I hope you find the help and support you are looking for here!

5. Brave

Brave Member

Thank you everyone. I am looking forward to exploring the site and learning from others.

6. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

Hi Brave,

Welcome to SF.:welcome:

Sad to hear that you had to go through the extreme pain, which obviously only you can understand. I know my words are not enough to comfort your pain.

You are really a strong person because you had to go through all of your grave sufferings.I hope this has made you even more stronger.

You are in a battle with depression. My suggestion is to take your medication regularly (if you are told to do so), have a balanced food habit by eating fruits, vegetables, nuts, plenty of water water and eating less junk food.(If someone offers junk food, then simply say No.) Get deep sleep of 7-8 hrs. at night (very important to keep depression and anxiety in check). If possible, do minimum 30 minutes of exercise regularly (even walking outdoors is enough). You can break your exercise time by doing 15 minutes in the morning and 15 min. at evening or anything that you feel comfortable with. Keep some time everyday to socialize with other people.Lastly, concentrate on what you are doing. Do only one task at a time. Try not to multitask.

You must be disciplined and patient in order to develop good and healthy habits.

I am sorry that you have to deal with your accident.

But remember "PAIN IS TEMPORARY". The pain will go away after some time. All it takes is patience and giving time to heal your body, for the body of humans can heal naturally.

Take care. :hugtackle:

Bye~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.