Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Yesenia, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesenia

Yesenia New Member

Hi everyone.

My name is Yesenia, you can call me Yesi for short =)

I am currently 21 and have been dealing with depression since I was 14.

A little bit about me:
    When I turned 14 I lost my best friend. I started fighting all the time with my parents, but while at school everyone thought I was always the "good girl" with a loving family and good life.

But I knew I I felt bad inside. When I was 15 I started to hurt myself, and still do from time to time.

At 18 I started seeing a counselor, but only went 3 times and stopped going.

This year when I turned 21, I knew things were getting worse, so I sought help. I started seeing a counselor in February and got on medication. After tests and counseling sessions I was told I had Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent.

With the meds and counseling things started to get better. However, I started losing sense of who I really was, became confused, and I started making myself feel worse.

Unfortunately in March, I tried to commit suicide by overdose. I'm still not sure if it was good fortunate or bad, but my parents discovered me minutes after taking my mom's pain killers. After being rushed to the emergency room, being forced to stay away and to drink this nasty black "charcoal" drink, I was finally able to go home.

Since this event, I have seen how much my family and friends really loved me. They all cried, hugged me, and told me they loved me.

I have now realized that perhaps suicide is not the way to go. Especially because I do not want to cause pain to the ones that love me.

However, I know that I still have this depression with me, and I still get suicidal thoughts. I have also stopped going to counseling and stopped taking my medication, and I know I have to get back on track.

I have joined this forum in hopes to be able to talk to people who understand how I am feeling and I also hope that I can in turn help others.

Thanks, and I apologize for writing such a long introduction! :laugh:
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Yesenia,
    welcome to the forum, I hope you find the help and support you need here :hug:
  4. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Welcome to SF hun. I hope you can find the support you are looking for here. There are many caring people who will be happy to help you. Feel free to PM me at any time if you need to chat. *huggles* Take care,

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Don't worry about the length of your intro, it was just right. I am soory to hear you suffer from depression, but glad you realize that suicide is not the best option. I am sure you will find people here that understand as we all have issues we face. I am looking forward to seeing you more around the forum. :hug:
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum
  7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF, hun!! I looooooove your avatar!!! :biggrin: :hug:
  8. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

I have to say, that's a really cute avatar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.