Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by gem, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gem

gem Member

Hi, I'm new here. It's hard to know what to say to introduce myself. let's just say it's been a complicated existence so far - with homelessness, addiction, various mental health diagnoses (PTSD and BPD being the current ones), self harm since 7, and several suicide attempts - the last one being Feb this year which landed me in intensive care for several days. I have no safe family and so haven't spoken to them in almost a year - ending contact with them preceded the last attempt actually. Also ended contact with friends who continued to use drugs (I've been clean now since December last year) and have therefore been really isolated, despite beginning a new relationship in July - which, while being very loving, has some major complications. And that's sort of why I found this site - I googled 'friendless and suicidal' and a thread from this site came up in the results! It feels a bit weird to be doing this - it's been years since I used any sort of forum like this - but I'm really glad I found it. Just reading some of the other threads has helped a bit. Anyway, hi all.
    Thanks for reading, gem

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Gem, welcome to the forums :hug:

3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

boo says hi :D

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Gem!! I'm sure you will become more comfortable the longer you are here.. No one sits in judgement of others...

5. gem

gem Member

Thanks so much for the welcomes! I'm off to college now but will be back this afternoon and will continue to look around the site then. Take care all

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Lots of supportive here and people who care glad you reached out for help.

7. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Heya! Welcome to SF!! =D

8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey gem welcome to the forum :) i hope you can find friends and a supportive environment here :hug:

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum gem. Congratulations on being drug free :) I hope you find the support you need while here with us. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.