Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Moonshine, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonshine

Moonshine Member

I know this is late, since I actually joined in January..but I haven't been on much since. I hope nobody minds! I am having a not so great day right now, which is probably why I found myself back here.

Anyway, here I am..I'm 17, female, and live in Texas. I work full time in a restaurant down here, I love love love my job!
    I've had suicidal thoughts since I was 12. I also started my self-injury then.
    I was physically and verbally abused by my father from 2 - 7. I was also sexually abused and raped by both my step grandfather and uncle. Step grandfather from 3 - 7 and my uncle from 8 - 16....that would be what started the downfall of my life.
    I kept it secret until June of last year. I went into counseling in December of 2009, but my last session was in January because of finances. It was helping, and I truly miss it.

I am damaged, broken, hurt and untrusting. I feel like inside I am not a good person. But I also know I'm really a kind, caring person. I love those close to me with all my might, I'm loyal beyond words, and will not hurt anyone. I may not trust, but I am trustworthy and reliable.
    I will always be there for anyone, and I care what happens to everyone. I do not care if I do not know you...if you call on me for help, I will be there no matter the time of day, and treat you like my best friend. I'm the kind of girl who truly will try to brighten your day even if I can't do that to my own.
    Everyone deserves love. And I hope everyone here(and everywhere) has it, or can find it.
    I already love you all :)
  2. DarkFantasy

DarkFantasy Well-Known Member

I love you too! :hug:
  3. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

:hug: thank you for sharing this with us. I hope that we can help support you through your thoughts. You did not deserve any of this and none of thisd is your fault.

Welcome to the boards am glad you found us.

PM me anytime

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Moonshine!! That is such a tramatic thing for a young girl to go thru..Have you pressed charges against them?? They need to be locked up and the key thrown away..You know you have plenty of support here!! Talk to us and we will try to help.. Sorry for my rant earlier.. I have an eight year old grandaughter and I would defend her to the death..There I go ranting again.. You take care and post as much as you can..Take Care!!
  5. Moonshine

Moonshine Member

Thank you for the support, it means a lot! :hug:

Stranger1; I have not. I filed a police report against my step-grandfather, and gave them my statement, but then they called my grandma who refused to say anything happened, and now they're telling me the "only way" they can do anything is to wiretap his phone and have me talk to him to get him to confess. I don't see how this can help, since he's not about to confess, especially when he KNOWS I filed a report on him.
    With my uncle....I'm not actually believed about what happened with him. Only with my step-grandfather. So I haven't told anyone outside my mom, who waved it away. I am aware that he abused his step-daughter, though. She spoke up years ago and was not believed by anyone in the family.

I am glad you are so protective with your granddaughter and would defend her. That makes me really happy to hear. :)
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Moonshine. I am glad you found us and have a place to turn for support, especially since you were unable to continue with counseling. I hope you are able to return to it at some point in the future since you found it helpful. Sometimes services are available through domestic violence programs or something. Contact your county health nurse and see if she knows of any programs available that are either low cost or free. Help is there, but sometimes it is very difficult to find. I am sorry to hear your mother was not more supportive. I am proud of you for getting things out in the open. That is the first step toward healing. Feel free to continue posting here. We will help as much as we can. :hug: Feel free to PM me at any time. Take care and stay strong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.