Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Moonracer, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonracer

Moonracer Member

I'll start with something positive - some things that I like are travel, animals (especially dogs), and food (I have to stop overdoing that one).

I'm in my early thirties. I feel overwhelmed with the things about myself that I have to repair - low self-esteem, low self-confidence, lack of career success (I have a dead-end job even though I have a university degree), lack of assertiveness, and a general cluelessness about how to get control over my life.

I'm so disappointed in how my life has turned out and I feel a lack of control over so many things. I feel trapped and frustrated. Sometimes I think about what a relief it would be to die. I read self-help books and advice books on different topics to try and figure things out.

I've started reading a book on assertiveness. Last time I was at the library I saw a book called "How To Make Life Work" so I put that on my long list of things to read.

I joined this forum because I want to communicate with people who understand me and I hope that I can help others who feel the way I do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi and welcome to SF

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Assertiveness can be a big problem. You need to find the right balance so you don't become overpowering either. I doubt that will be a problem for you though. Seems like most of us that feel we have no control of our lives for lack of assertiveness never get to the point we have too much. What is your degree in?

4. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to sf! I hope you find the support your looking for! if you ever need to talk or need help or anything, feel free to PM me! I don't bite! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.