Hi, folks

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by RightOverThisMess, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RightOverThisMess

RightOverThisMess Active Member

Hi, all. I've done a handful of posts here and figured I'd better introduce myself. I'm 28 years old (uh, I turned 28 less than an hour ago, actually). Anyway, I live in Minnesota and am currently working on my Masters degree in Scientific & Technical Communications. I want to be a copy editor when I grow up.

I've been really struggling the past few months. I have no energy and have been cutting ties with people left and right, including my therapist of 4 years. My amount of apathy scares me. Caring about how my family would react if I ended my life has successfully kept me from attempting anything for 10 years. But I think I'm beyond caring about that. I feel so empty and nothing in my life is going smoothly.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Maybe it's time to switch therapists and start out fresh.. I feel I have come to a standstill with mine..She always messes with my head.. But I like her so for now I am staying with her..If your still having problems then you need to have that support..It's near impossible to fight depression on you own.. You do have us but there is only so much we can do... We're not there face to face with you where we can give you that shoulder or to hold your hand..Don't get me wrong we will support you the best we can..
  3. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF! Having read a little bit about yourself that you have posted, I can say that I surely can relate to it. But having opened up over here has been a benefit. I hope you can find the support that you need here. If you have any questions or want to talk PM me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.