Hi from a strange person.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Pebbles1726, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pebbles1726

Pebbles1726 Member

hi I'm Alice.

I'm abit different, I live in the UK and I'm a 24 year old transsexual woman (MTF) I was historically very depressed and suicidal prior to my transition (I transitioned when I was 22) I attempted suicide twice once when I was 17 and again when I was 20. I used to self harm from ages 13-22. and my body is smothered with scars

While I'm not suicidal anymore, I'm still not free from trouble and pain that can frequently kick me back into those dark places... I feel I can't talk to anyone as nobody understands the situations I face. I don't want pity or to be spoken down to... I just don't want to feel so crushingly alone in my feelings.

As I mentioned I transitioned a couple of years ago I live full time as a female and most people can't tell by looking at me my past. but I still know it's there

I'm often lonely and miserable my body is just so freakish. Even when guys hit on me I have to run away. I'm terrified what they might do to me if they found out most men would react badly i'm sure... I'm 24 and I'm a virgin I don't think I will ever fall in love.

When some people have found out about my history they have made my life miserable. (typically the religious) Including begin evicted from housing or physically intimidated.

The NHS don't help me get the hormones and medicines I need, when I don't get them I'm plunged into a depressive self destructive spiral. forcing me to get them from illegal sources leaving me vulnerable to exploitation financial or... otherwise. Some of my female friends do help me get legitimate ones from time to time.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i am glad you are reaching out here I know others here to suffer at the hands of ignorant people i hope you continue to post okay hugs to you

3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

My PM box is ever open Alice, should you ever want to talk - about anything and everything...

Much love,
    Chris

4. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Hello, Alice. I'm Christopher, one of the frequent helpers around here. It seems we're both 24 years old. :)

Don't hesitate to ask for help, it's what we're here for. We always have enough time for everyone.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Regards,
    Christopher

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Alice!! You won't be juddged here.. There are many kind people here..

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Alice...it is so hard to be ourselves without transgender challanges on one's plate...sounds like you have had to battle hard to become/or be who you are...what some of us take for granted! so sorry the world can be so damn limited...please continue to tell us what is going on for you...and you go girl!!! Be who you are supposed to be and do not let the primates (now, I am sorry I am insulting primates) get in your way!!! big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.