Hi Guys

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by loki, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki

loki New Member

My names matt and I am on the edge of mentally breaking down again. I am on meds and have attempted suicide once. I just don't know what to do, who to talk to or how to get better. I am sorry if this is just a bunch of random digressions fit together with horrible grammar and spelling I am not in the best state at the moment.

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

It's ok Matt. Welcome! Hope we can help :hug:

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi matt, sorry things are so rough. we're here to listen if you wanna say more....
    catherine

4. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

Hi Matt. I am new here, but I can tell you there are many people here who want to and can help.

5. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

hey mate, spelling and grammar are perfect, I hope you can be helped here. I'm not sure what's happened but if you're able to open up a bit then it might help :)

6. loki

loki New Member

Well I just spent some time with a friend so I am feeling a bit better. My depression is fairly deep rooted with social exclusion at a younger age which led to some social anxiety. I have has several incidents involving alcohol which most people would shrug off after a week or so but I still carry it around. I used to have nightmares about it.

Other than that my main trigger for depression are women which I am very bad with. I have never had a relationship that has lasted more than a week and most did not even last a day. It seems like every time I reach out and gain some confidence it get squelched back down by the world.

I do have friends but lately I have been gaining a lot of distance from them and spending a lot more time alone. Which leads to unfortunate things.

On the suicide attempt, I tried by over dosing with my anti-anxiety pills. I really don't know if the would have really killed me or not but I ended up in the hospital for the night. (I ended up talking to friends on instant messenger and they forced me). I did not have a prolonged stay because I lied to them saying it was a accidental overdose.

Now if anyone mentions suicide even in a joking way it makes me cringe and recall my hospital stay. However to also leads to a deeper state of depression. I really can't talk to my family about it, because for some reason it makes it worse even though they are supporting. I also try to make sure they don't have to worry about me, because I really hate to see them in pain over something thats happening to me.
    But I digress

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hey Matt, Welcome to the forum, :welcome:

8. blade

blade Well-Known Member

:biggrin: hey ya hun!
    welcome :welcome:

well i will help as best i can, and if i cant everyone else can!

hope u feel comfortable here! :wiggle::smile:

Take care matt!

nic
    xox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.