hi guys

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by dise, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dise

dise New Member

hi peeps
    just thought id indroduce myself and give u a bit of an idea where im at.
    Iv just turned 24,and have been suffering from 'depression' since about the age of 14/15.
    I felt iv coped with it in several ways,with it been alchol,drugs or just blaming other people,looking back though i can generally see it was usually down to my own fault,or letting my emotions get the better of me.

Iv currently got my own house,car and job but i stil see only darkness ahead of me,iv never been for help for how i feel because iv always though people wouldnt understand,and i still do.
    Im just trying to get my head sorted at the moment,but im sure its the same for most people here, things change day to day.

anyway thanks for reading and i hope to be posting alot more in the future
  2. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

You said people don't understand. I'm sure most people on this forum understand, and are going through what you went through. Your ways of coping aren't the best. I wish you'd find better, healthier ones. Also maybe a doctor can help. Medicine and talking helps a lot of people.

I look forward to your many posts you're going to post. :)
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to sf dise :)
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Dise..
  5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Welcome, Dise =]

Alot more people than you would think, do and will understand. Therapists aren't expecting you to go in and talk about how perfect things are, they are there to listen to you and tell you how you can try and make things better, talk to you through methods, and then it's up to you to put the effort in. Good luck with getting better, and you'll always have help here on the forum =]
  6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Sf :) Hope you find what you need here!
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Greetings and welcome to the forums.
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum lots of support here. If you still depressed it would be very helpful to have therapy to just give you better skills to cope Glad you are here.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. It is good to meet you. :shake:
  10. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :D
  11. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to SF!!! i hope you get the support you are looking for!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.