Hi i am new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there and welcome (again) to SF. We're glad you're here and reaching out in some way to other people. For some folks this is exactly what they need - people who aren't quite as involved in their personal lives enough to judge or give advice based on the "you" that was 13 years old. I hope that you like it here and find some people to click with. I saw you were already posting in some of the music threads (and we have some common music interests).
Keep posting okay? Everyone here is pretty into giving you a hand any way we can. You can check out all the music near the bottom, which you seem to have found much of.. or check out the physical illness subforum as well. You might find someone else with your condition to speak with. In the end, just being here with a bunch of other people who "get it" is often enough so see you around soon alright? Take care of yourself.
Hi Walker :)
,I like it here,but it will take me some time before i can speak with many people,i want too,but sometimes for me it is difficult to speak with people,but i hope that will improve.I love music,and i am happy we have some common music interests.
There is a lot of good music here !!!
Thank You,I will look at the physical illness subforum.
Thank you for your message and advice :)

Am glad you have some footing to gain back control of your life once again. Welcome aboard. Like others gave good feedback, just wanted to add- be yourself.

Cheers
Hi DrownedFishOnFire :)
Thank You ! A few months ago i had no hope left,i had given up,but now i really want to try to improve my life,I think it will be hard work,but i am going to do whatever it takes to get better.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I’m sorry about your illness but I’m glad you are starting to get better. I hope this forum will be helpful to you and you will feel the care and support you need. Keep us posted. You are not alone. I hope things will get better for you, you are in my prayers. Take care.
Hi j2415 :)
Thank You !
This forum is already helping me and i only joined a few days ago ! ,and there are a lot of kind people here.

Thank you for your message and well wishes !

Hey @PunksNotDead

There's various types of therapy, it's a case of trying to find one which best suits the individual. The important thing, is trying to be open minded about whatever form of therapy you try, and to try and be patient and give it a chance to work for you.
It's great to hear that you are willing to try different forms of therapy to see which one(s) you find helpful, as it shows you have a good mindset and are so receptive to recieving therapy. That goes such a long with regards to getting yourself into an overall better place.

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your therapy, hope it works out well for you.:)
Hi Ash600 :)
Thank you for your advice,and you are right,because the last time i went i did not give it a chance,before i even went i was thinking it won't work,at the time all my thoughts were very negative,I wasn't ready for therapy at the time.
But now i am.I will try each one for longer this time,and i will try to be more positive this time !

Thank you for your message and advice.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Hi, I just found this place today.
I'm Female 20 years old form Europe,I'd prefer not to say which country,English is not my first Language
but i understand it well.

My life was mostly good until about 15 months ago,when a medical problem (and again i prefer not to talk about that sorry) destroyed my life really.Because of my medical problem,i then became very depressed,anxiety,panic attacks,I left my job,had a complete breakdown,lost interest in everything
I could not listen to music (before this problem i loved music and listened to it every day)
I could not watch tv,or go anywhere,i could do nothing.I could not even get out of bed most days.

My parents and doctor tried to get me to take Antidepressants,but i refused to take them.After about 10 months of this,i could not take anymore,I gave in,and started to take Antidepressants,Only side effect was insomnia,but that seems to be improving a little bit each month. (i hope) After about 2 weeks they started to work,and i very slowly started to listen to music again,and watch some tv series.

But all this time before Antidepressants i was very suicidal,i had lost all hope,i thought of suicide everyday.
Thankfully those thoughts are now mostly gone,but i'm still very lost
I'm happy that i can enjoy music again,but i know that i will need some type of therapy also.
(i'm not sure what type) I did try Cognitive-behavioral therapy 3 times but it did not help me,but that was before Antidepressants.

I like all types of music but mostly punk and heavy metal.Some people have welcomed me here already,and thank you for that !
Before i had no hope,but now i really want to try to restart my life.It will never be the same as before
But maybe i can find some purpose or reason to go on,i want to,but i don't know how to find that.

I've probably left out somethings,i'm tired now.

Thank you for reading.
If you are still awake after reading all that !
Welcome to SF,

Feel free to post in my music thread anytime :) (That goes for the lot of you!)

Punk is far from dead.. I go off on that tangent now and then. I don’t know a great deal about the genre but Green Day have really impressed me lately.

Henry Rollins (Black Flag, Rollins Band) is one of my all-time heroes. Not so much the music but his writing and Spoken Word. I’ve seen him twice when he’s come to Melbourne :)

See you around, hopefully.

Gypsy x

Welcome to SF,

Feel free to post in my music thread anytime :) (That goes for the lot of you!)

Punk is far from dead.. I go off on that tangent now and then. I don’t know a great deal about the genre but Green Day have really impressed me lately.

Henry Rollins (Black Flag, Rollins Band) is one of my all-time heroes. Not so much the music but his writing and Spoken Word. I’ve seen him twice when he’s come to Melbourne :)

See you around, hopefully.

Gypsy x
Hi gypsylee :)
Thank You !
I love your music thread,and i can post as many songs as i want everyday YES :) 360 Nickelback songs in 24hours :D
I love Black Flag,i have heard some of Henry Rollins Spoken Word,or i like Jello Biafra Spoken Word,i will have to listen to more of them.
I'm starting to think that you like The Doors,but i might be wrong :D
I am looking forward to more of your posts,you have really good taste in music !
Thank you for your message !

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Hi gypsylee :)
Thank You !
I love your music thread,and i can post as many songs as i want everyday YES :) 360 Nickelback songs in 24hours :D
I love Black Flag,i have heard some of Henry Rollins Spoken Word,or i like Jello Biafra Spoken Word,i will have to listen to more of them.
I'm starting to think that you like The Doors,but i might be wrong :D
I am looking forward to more of your posts,you have really good taste in music !
Thank you for your message !
Nickelback probably have 360 songs which are the same song with one note changed ;)

Jim Morrison is just like this cornerstone I come back to time and again after 25 years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00