hi i have cervical cancer and wondering how long before i die

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by incombustible2000, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

i have cervical cancer, and I do not want to live anyway, so I am not going to get treated for it and let it take over and kill me... I dont want to go through drugs chemo, and all that stuff i would like to go the natural way. I hate life any way.

so wondering does anyone know how long it will take to go over the rest of my body...

how long before i die from this?

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I am so sorry for your news,
    No one can ever give a time line on these kind of things, but the best person to talk to would be your consultant. (S)He will be able to be more specific.

Alternatively there are sites out there that can give you rough guidelines, but are you really sure you want to know??

3. incombustible2000

ah i just have not told the physician that i actually do not want to recieve treatment i just want to die in peace. My accuse is that i do not want to feel any sicker then i already do, and that those treatments dont always work so let it be and let nature take its course.

4. incombustible2000

i would have to tell the doctor but i do not want to right yet. Or my family my step mother died of cancer and went through every kind of treatment available, and she still died... sooo I just want to aviod but my family might be mad if i dont want to try and live, and the other thing is this is a good excuse to let me die...

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I feel bad for you. And while this may sound sick, I envy you too. After all, you're going to leave this shit encrusted maggot pile called life.

I respect your choice. I do think it's selfish of people who have a terminal illness to keep holding on and holding out for more rewards, respect, and status. It's something masochistic in our society that we expect terminal patients to keep overcoming something. For what? For some fucking article in People magazine?

You're doing the right thing. You're following nature's way. It's more dignified and there's no bullshit in it. But I hope you find hospice care. I hear they give you a gentle ending to your life. After all, it is your life. And I'm glad to hear you're taking control of it.

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

There's no set time for things like this. It depends on the person. I was diagnosed just over 3 years ago with cervical cancer. Until recently the docs thought it may be under control. But I am (as I type) waiting for some test results. The docs believe it is spreading and my particular tumors are very aggressive. I have done the invasive treatments and this time around I don't want it. So many people say that if I commit suicide it will leave such a stain on my children. So now I am trying to hold out for the cancer to take me. So that it doesn't hurt my children. But I can't understand how if I take my life when and how I choose that it would be more difficult for my kids than them watching me slowly be eaten alive by cancer. I think your own state of mind has a lot in determining how long you have. If you have no will to fight, then I think your time will come much more quickly. You should really sit down and with a list of questions in hand, have a long discussion with your doctor.

7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I completely understand how you feel but you may be letting your depression get in the way of rationality. Cancer treatment is getting better and more successful. Even if you really want to die, cancer is not the way I'd want to go. I don't want to upset you but you should read up on the terrible things that can happen if it goes untreated. It's not like you have cancer and then you die. Usually, it's a long, slow, painful process. The treatment may have some nasty side effects but they pale in comparison to what happens in the later stages of cancer. Just being realistic. Dying of cancer isn't pretty.

8. incombustible2000

true its not pretty but ethier is deppression and cannot see it being much i just exsist ethier way

9. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

hey hun,

i know how you feel. I found out i have both types of childhood leukaemia in May. I felt like i didn't want to get treatment for it but thanks to friends i got treatment for it so i couldn't think and get my head straight before making rash decisions. 5 months into treatment i finally realised that i've got what i could get from life at my age and i was perfectly comfortable with what ever future i faced, i carried on with treatment just going along with it, not making any effort to live but at the same time not making any effort to die, just going with the flow.
    Now, my dads come back into my life and i don't want to die, annoyingly he came back when i only had a 15%-25% chance of getting over the leukaemia.

I don't know, i think you should do what i did. Take the treatment, it gives you so so so so so much time to think about everything and sort your feelings out. The chemo is torture, it's not pretty but don't make the desicion right away, take the treatment, think about it, it nothing happens in a couple months then re-evaluate the situation but please don't make the desicion now.

I'm here if you want to talk about things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.