Hi I'm Glenn

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by glenne2000, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenne2000

glenne2000 Member

My first day here. I am in a safe and somewhat stable state right now but I hope to receive kind and thoughtful support here as well as provide the same to others that are hurting, much like myself in the not too distant past. I am 55 y/o and I have had three prior attempts, the last one 18 months ago and a very seriously intended attempt at that. That one devastated my family and now everyone worries about me still. I had gotten better since that last attempt, got a new job in a new city, met a woman and engaged and finally felt I had licked my depression after 15 years of trying. Then the bottom fell out, I lost my job and my fiancee, had to move to my sister's home (I am thankful to her, but it's not exactly where I wanted to be at this stage of my life). Last month I felt the old isolation and depression setting in, so I checked myself into a PHP program. After 3 weeks I am back on track. I hope to share my experiences with others and learn more about myself. Thx, Glenn.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Glenn, welcome to SF. You have come to a good site, everyone is very supportive and helpful here. I'm glad that things are starting to get a bit better for you lately. I hope that things will continue to improve. :hug:

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi Glenne and welcome to SF's... always glad to have a slightly older person join . lot of the teenage set here already..lol tc, jim

4. Descendant

Descendant Account Closed

Welcome to SF Glenn, glad to have you here. Like Jim said it's great have an older person aboard who has a lot more experience and wisdom to share.

5. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Hey Glenn i'm kayleigh :) im glsad to hear your on track and glad your doing well

6. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi Glenn, welcome, hang in there , its good to hear your doing well

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Glenn - I'm in the "slightly older" category too..... and getting older by the minute, lol! Always keen for conversations about awareness (self-awareness, reality awareness)...... as I've had a ton of puzzling out to do myself. But I have learned that Hope is not a lie, and that is my motto.

8. glenne2000

glenne2000 Member

Thank you everyone for your comments I feel very welcome here.

9. jessneedstobethin

jessneedstobethin Well-Known Member

Hi glenn! i'm glad we're newbie's together :) you've already helped me so i hope to help you too as you keep going in your recovery. If you ever need anyone to talk to (even if it's just about good ol' science) then please PM me :) i'd be happy to help!
    Thank you for the other day!
    Jess

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF Glenn. I am glad to hear you have not given up this time and have sought help. Battling depression and suicidal ideation are difficult enough without adding outside stressors to them. It can be hard to pick yourself back up yet once again, but it sounds like you have the tools to do just that. I am glad you have your sister to help give you that leg up until yiu can get back on your feet. You are still young by todays standards and I know you will find what is right for you. Thank you for offering to share your experiences with us. It sounds like we have a lit we can learn from you. Take care and stay safe :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.