Hi I'm here to help :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ericfoot, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericfoot

ericfoot Member

Hi my name is Eric, i've suffered a massive depression in which i've managed to pull my self out of and would like to help others who are in the situation i was in. I'll listen to whatever you have to say and I'll offer my advice. I won't get mad. I'll leave you alone if you ask. I'll never make you feel any worse than you currently feel. And if you feel like just chatting i'm putting my AIM up as well if you just feel like you need someone to talk to, or rant to, even yell and vent at, I'll listen. :mhmm:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi and to let you know if you need support we are here for you too okay

3. music_lover16

music_lover16 Member

i need your help

eric,
    how did you manage to pull yourself out of depression? i have been depressed for 5 years now and i cant seem to get out of it. my past is mostly what keeps me depressed, but i would like some advice on how to get past that and start to love myself instead of hating every single thing bout myself. please write back.

4. assek

assek Well-Known Member

Re: i need your help

nice to meet you Eric !

5. ericfoot

ericfoot Member

Sarah,
    My depression was caused by a long string of depressing events all happening one after the other. One of the reasons was having the person i've loved for 4 years suddenly hate my existence, but in having this depression she was one of the main things i thought about after getting drunk or high everyday(which isn't a good way to cope but hey it works) and she was a person who hated drugs and alcohol, I changed that part of my life for her(even if she does hate me). I decided even if i wasn't going to live for myself i was going to live for someone i'd die for. So even though I'm viewed as odd by many people, even though my mom has cancer, even though my cat is getting very old, even though my pet rats died 1 week apart from each other, even though the love of my life hates me, even though one of the first people to like me was criminally insane(and is now in a mental institute) I'm still here, i've come to terms with all of this and understand that life does indeed suck, but in seeing everything i've seen it shows me that life is definitely worth living.

Now as for advice on how you can get out of your depression, well i don't know, because i don't know what your depression involved. i can help you but only if i hear more. But my first piece of advice would be find the people you love and try to change for them. And also i've learned getting past everything just isn't possible(or you'd just repeat what you've gone through) but coming to terms with it and accepting it for what it is is definitely possible.

6. music_lover16

music_lover16 Member

if you message me i can explain everything to you

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Eric, welcome. :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.