hi im larcey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larcey

hi im larcey - new here. all kinds of messed up. im not very nice, nobody likes me so you should probably avoid me as well fyi.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey there, Larcey. Welcome to the forum. We're pretty risky around here so I think we'll take our chances on your likability. :) Do you want to say what brings you to the site or are you just gonna read and hang out a little first?

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
Hello Larcey and welcome to the SF family.

I can't help but notice the irony in your post. You were nice enough to come say hi and alert people to something that you perhaps think is a potential problem; and also I'm assuming you mean you believe a lot of people don't like you as the word nobody would suggest us too...but give this bunch a chance, trust me.

We've all come here with varying issues and degrees of them, most have arrived looking for a way out entirely, but this place is about a community of people from all walks of life that stick together. They're compassionate, eccentric, caring, sometimes erratic, full of stories and ideas; they get angry, sad, lonely, upset, but they also laugh, smile and have fun together. There's no prerequisite, no pretence, and no judgement.

You've obviously decided to take a chance and join here, and hopefully you'll find the confidence to reach out and tell us some more, but you just be you okay; take a look around, read the rules (don't worry if a mistake is made, the staff are great and very friendly), put your feet up, get comfy, say hi to a few people, and I sincerely hope you start to see that there's support available here from folk that don't just give up on someone at the first hurdle, because they've been there themselves and can empathise with the loneliness, fear, and pain.

Lean on us when you need too, stay safe, and I look forward to seeing you round the forum. Welcome again to SF {{Hedgehugs}}

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Larcey. I can't really add anything to what @Karmitkurmit has already said, but wanted to welcome you too.

If you're all kind of messed up then you're in good company here :) We've all got or had our own issues, so we 'get it' and we just try to help each other through as best we can.

I'm glad you found us and I hope to see more of you around the forums or in the chat room :)

Larcey

thank you for the replies it is nice to be acknowledge :)
by messed up i mean that because of an unfortunate set of circumstances i was exposed to, i was diagnosed with ptsd when i was 10 years old. because of this i never developed an "adult capacity" to deal with my emotions which means i experience a lot of anger and depression with no coping mechanisms that normal people have. also why i seem unfriendly and people are unable to "relate" to me on a personal level.

larcey

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
thank you for the replies it is nice to be acknowledge :)
by messed up i mean that because of an unfortunate set of circumstances i was exposed to, i was diagnosed with ptsd when i was 10 years old. because of this i never developed an "adult capacity" to deal with my emotions which means i experience a lot of anger and depression with no coping mechanisms that normal people have. also why i seem unfriendly and people are unable to "relate" to me on a personal level.

larcey
PTSD, anger, depression, lack of coping mechanisms, and everything you mention are things that most people here can certainly empathise with. If understanding on a personal level is something you're looking for then you're in good company here. We all experience them in different ways, at various ages, and with very different results, but one of the biggest reliefs for me and many others here is finding out we're not alone, and neither are you.

That's not to suggest that these feelings and experiences are any less serious, far from it, but having a safe and understanding environment to talk in is something vital and thankfully it's communities like this that are helping to change society's perceptions of mental health. By reaching out you're doing something that a lot of others struggle with, and so without realising it you are actually speaking out for those that would feel isolated otherwise. It's quite common here for some members not to say much but they do read and relate to other people's posts and are able to seek advice even though they may struggle with social anxiety.

I guess my point is that you've just found a coping mechanism, one of many I hope you'll start to build over time, and you're also supporting others in the process. Often threads and posts can focus primarily on the issues themselves, and rightfully so, but that can mean that the lessons learned and steps forward can be missed. Be proud of what you're achieving here by reaching out, even in just a few short messages. Keep it up, and just for the record I've yet to see anything suggesting unfriendliness; I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine and be a great asset to the SF family. {{Hedgehugs}}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00