Hi I'm new and in the fight against S&D

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Stacey84, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacey84

Stacey84 Well-Known Member

Hi, My names well... Stacey. Age 29.

I've been depressed and low for a very long time now, Over 3 years and still near "Rock Bottom" as they call it. I have the occasional suicidal thoughts every so often.

My main cause of depression is from Compulsive Gambling - Very nasty if you don't stop it and let it get out of control like I did... And I lost everything I could of imagined and I'm left with nothing, no money, no job and no motivation. It isn't easy at all...

Because of this I have no friends in the outside world... because they are all suckers basically and never treated me well at all.

I've also have Aspergers Syndrome and systemlogically thought we could beat the system, but obviously failed.

But I must FIGHT ON!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  2. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

nice meeting you, Stacey :D
  3. Stacey84

Thank you.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Stacey good to see you reaching out for support here I do hope you have got some help in real life as well for your gambling addiction It is an illness and hard one to beat without professional help Welcome to SF
  5. Stacey84

Thank you, Yes its horrible and its all activated by a flick of the switch.

But friends is always nice.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Lots of good people here that do understand hugs
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

nice meeting you and seeing you in chat this evening Stacey - hope to talk to you more. I may not have any real solutions for some of your problems but people to talk to can sometimes help keep things in perspective and possibly give some insights on ideas you have not thought of yet to help....
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Stacey. I am glad to meet you. I think its great that you are here. This is a good community.

You mentioned you have no friends in the outide world. I am wondering if there are any gamblers annynomous meetings in your area. If so, maybe you could meet people there who would be irl support system, in addition to youre coming here. And if not, maybe by joining gamblers annynomous online you might find some people near where you live who also participate online. I dont know, but it did come to mind. So I thought I would just mention it. I remember how much solidarity there was in al-anon when I was in that. And I used to see how much solidarity and support there were in the other meetings which happened in the same place. So much support, friendships and solidarity.

Anyway, you found us. And thats great. I do not know how I would live without this community. It is that important to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.