Hi, I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new here but not to depression. I've been suffering since I was maybe 13/14 but I'm 27 and have recently been feeling extremely low.

I think a major trigger is that I'm now watching my twin sister go through the same thing as I went through. For the longest time one of the main thoughts that kept me going was that I couldn't leave her behind, but she's also been speaking about suicide and I'm terrified.

I was seeing a councillor but it is only for a short run and my sessions are now over. I was getting much better but the past few weeks have been extremely difficult and I'm worried that I'm now lower than I ever was. I really need support and I hope I can find it here.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hi all, I'm new here but not to depression. I've been suffering since I was maybe 13/14 but I'm 27 and have recently been feeling extremely low.

I think a major trigger is that I'm now watching my twin sister go through the same thing as I went through. For the longest time one of the main thoughts that kept me going was that I couldn't leave her behind, but she's also been speaking about suicide and I'm terrified.

I was seeing a councillor but it is only for a short run and my sessions are now over. I was getting much better but the past few weeks have been extremely difficult and I'm worried that I'm now lower than I ever was. I really need support and I hope I can find it here.
Hello and welcome to SF. Sorry to hear you’re struggling with depression but you’re in good company here and lots of us will understand what you’re going through. Feel free to share and talk and I hope it helps to make life a little easier for you. *hug

EmB

Absolute Peach!
Welcome to SF! I can empathise with your sister, my little sister is the same and so it's very hard to watch someone you care about go through so much, especially when you are struggling yourself. There's a friendly, warm community here - we will support you as best you can! I hope you find some comfort here :)

Sending hugs

Em

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi. Welcome to the site. We're glad you're here. It sounds as though the two of you need each other. Are you able to discuss your depression with her - and vice versa?

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Hello,
Maybe you can your sister could get some counseling done to-gether? Not at the same time, of course (as in the same room). : ) but if you were finding some great success with it, was there another way for you to further it — the sessions? If not, perhaps there are some alternatives on a more community or work / school type setting, where it might make things more manageable... Anyway, meds can make a difference as well with depression and other illnesses affecting the brain. So, don’t give up hope! And relay the message to your sister. : )

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
It sounds like you two can probably relate really well to one another so I'd suggest confiding in her, and potentially that may lead to the both of you supporting one another through this shared struggle. All the best.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @ShowMeYourJazzHands I can tell you really care about your sister. That's a real strength. Your sister's going to need you. I'm glad she has you. You came to the right place for support. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you. And we're glad to have you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00