Hi, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tumbleweed 002, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone.

I've been a reader for a long time I just got brave enough to register and post.

A little about me:

I'm a long time sufferer of bipolar disorder. I'm usually extremely depressed and made a few sad attempts at suicide (Nobody even knew):sad:

I was on medication for a while then got off of it because I felt it was doing nothing but make me gain weight.

I feel compelled to join this community because I think I need to talk to someone about how I feel before It's too late.

I have Insomnia I rarely sleep at night, I fall asleep between 4-6AM.

Ironically, I'm a great listener and talked my best friend out of suicide back when I was in High School. He thanks me almost daily even til this day.

I guess that's all I can think of now..

So Hello.. I hope to make many friends here
  2. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the site.

I'm sure you will find plenty of like-minded people here who are very understanding and can offer advice with your situation.

Take care of yourself

3. danni

danni Chat Buddy

hey hun welcome to the forum :hug: if you wanna talk i'm always here for you
  4. Thank you both ..
  5. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF!

Congrats on finding the courage to join, I'm sure it will pay off!

At the moment, I'm trying to talk someone down from the edge and I know how hard it is so you should be really proud of being such a great help to your friend.

Take care!
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hello and welcome to the forum:biggrin:
  7. I wish I can talk myself out of the feelings I have.. It's not easy taking your own medicine ..

Thank you
  8. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

I've been listening to this song a lot today, I think I've ran out of tears now and although it is a very sad song I think it is very helpful. I haven't listened to it for ages, completely forgot about it til I come across this forum.

REM - Everybody Hurts
  9. Crying All Time

Crying All Time Well-Known Member

10. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF
    Im sure you will find many here that do understand you :)
  11. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, as others have said, this is a good place to be for someone of your (or anyone who posts here) situations - I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but im here also if u wanna tlk
  12. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum :hug:
  14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. We are glad to have you join our community. :hug:
  15. Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I went to the doctor yesterday and took the step to go back on meds. He gave me .5 mg of Abilify(the side effects were so bad last night I was up sick) and 37.5 of effexor which i took before..

so time will tell ...

Any thoughts on Abilify?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.