Hi Im new here

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by rungirl, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rungirl

rungirl New Member

Hi my name is AJ (im a girl). i started college this year and have been anorexic for 3 years. for the past two years i have been pretty much recovered and my weight has been restored. Lately I have been turning to binge eating at least once a week and it is really starting to take a toll on me mentally. I have been eating enough during the day.. then i binge uncontrollably at night. I decided today to throw out anything in my dorm that can be eaten witout being made... i just feel like a "bad" anorexic.. im gaining weight super fast and I just sometimes feel like this cycle of bingeing and guilt will never end.. im in such a low low place right now.. i just.. i dont know what to do anymore

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site :)

I'm sorry you have been struggling so much recently. It sounds like despite the fact you have been in recovery, you still view yourself as having anorexia. That maybe implies that you are not quite yet ready to let your illness go?

Do you have any sort of support at college to help you deal with this? If not, would you be willing to seek some out? If you do, does it help?

Eating disorders of any kind are often symptoms of something else that needs to be addressed, and it does sound like you have a lot of pain inside you that you need help with.

Please keep talking to us.

3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Are you able to pinpoint what might be triggering you to binge eat? Did something happen recently?

It is your eating disorder that is filling your head with those voices about being a bad anorexic, you are more than your eating disorder!

Do you have a treatment team you can call and ask for help from even though you are at school? Or can you go find some help on campus?

Thanks for sharing your struggle. It was very brave of you to tell us what is going on, I applaud your honesty. You can beat this. You did it once you can do it again!

take care,

tricia

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Rungirl,
    Welcome to the forum!! Maybe you should see your doctor and talk to him about putting you on a diet so you slowly put the weight back on. My doctor just put me on a no carbs diet. Think about it o.k. it might help...Take care..

5. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome.

I'm in a similar situation. I suddenly eat loads then I feel really guilty, most of the time I'm sick afterwards. I do this every couple of days, with no eating inbetween. It's fucked up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.