Hi, I'm new.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by EllieThade, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EllieThade

EllieThade Antiquities Friend

Hi. I could fill up pages and pages with an introduction... Suffice to say, I'm depressed and suicidal. I hope to connect with some people that feel like I do here... Life hurts so bad that there's only one way to end it. Anti-depressants, therapy, self-help books, breathing exercises, relaxation CD's, group therapy, ECT - it all doesn't work. I'm quite functional, yet I'm tired so much of the time but I have so many responsibilities that I do live up to. I'm nervous a lot. I used to cut. I think of death all the time. I'm married and have a 12 year old daughter. I have no "real" reason to want to die, yet I can't help obsessing about it. I'm disabled because of the depression. 'Nuff for now.

~ Ellie
  2. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Welcome, I hope you find the support you need here,

Feel free to PM me if you ever need a friendly chat :smile:
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Hi Ellie, Welcome to SF!!!!!! :hug:
  4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  5. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

helo ellie and welcome tosf i hope u find support here with us look forward to seeing you around the site take care
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum :hug:
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF ellie. I can relate to what you are saying. I hope you are able to find the support you need to find that reason to keep living. :hug:
  8. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

Hi Ellie, welcome to the forum. Feel free to PM me any time...
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hey, welcome to the forum :welcome:
  10. firehawk

firehawk Member

Welcome aboard Ellie. I know how you feel. Judging by your post, I believe there might be an under-lying cause for the depression that you are not aware of. I could be wrong though. Anyways, I have an idea to help you find at least some of what is causing your depression, if I'm right. Lucid Dreaming is a practice I have used to help several of my friends, and myself, find out various things such as the root of their depression, why they were angry with someone, even how to proceed with something like a meeting or a project.

It's definately something you should look into and try to find someone with experiance to act as your guide. Just remember that lucid dreaming is a very difficult thing to do over the internet. You'll need your guide to be someone you can trust, and they'll need to be in the room with you.

If you would like more information, feel free to pm me.

:welcome: and have fun,

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it is possible to lucid dream on your own. It usually takes a bit longer and fails more often at first because you have to train yourself for certain things instead of a guide helping you and making suggestions to your sub-concious mind.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.