Hi, I'm new.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by CroMaat33, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CroMaat33

CroMaat33 New Member

Hi,

I'm a 28/f/Austin. I was an isolated child who was also abused and had nothing to compare it to. I got used to feeling unhappy at a young age and gravitated toward abusive people when I grew up thinking it was normal. After enduring 2 years of severe trauma I had a psychotic break and was plumb f***ing nuts for a good 3 years.

For the last year and a half I have not needed any medication or felt the need to kill myself. Sometimes I think about how I always have the option if things get to hard. LOL But I've felt normal for a long time.

I want all of you to know that even after 23 years of hell and another 3 of total insanity, panic, and complex PTSD delusions... You CAN feel normal. It may take a lot of years but its there. Eventually. Some of y'all should look into hormone imbalance just FYI. Unless you're in your teens... we know you're not hormonally balanced but hang in there, you'll probably feel better by 19 or so.

If anyone wants to talk, I'm around.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hi - good too meet you CroMaat33
    I am sorry to hear that you went through such a hard time, but really happy that you came out the other side of it and are no longer suffering with suicidal feelings - I imagine it is very empowering to know you came through so much and have stepped out the other side.
    It is good to have you with us :) I am sure you will find this a very warm and supportive place. I know I do :)

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi CroMaat.. Welcome.. Sounds like you are in a better place now.. Glad for you..

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Wonderful to hear of your story of resilience and recovery CroMaat :) Welcome to the forum where we can discuss health, strength and healing from the nutty stuff of life :)

To all abusers: What you've done to us, think about us, say about us - actually makes you out to be the bully taking advantage of our innocence and sincerity. It says more about you than it does us, even though it leaves us with baggage to sort through, we can do it because truth finds a way to heal. Therefore, "I am able to forgive you for all that you did, and have compassion on you for your need to do it, whatever those reasons were to do with you. This makes me stronger than I was before, and supplies me with knowledge and insight, and, so thank you for that, because I'm in a better place now."

I say that daily, and am finding it really healing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.