Hi, I'm Peter, new to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Peter. I came to this forum because everywhere I look on the internet for information, all I see are people saying "don't do it" without really having first hand experience of what goes on inside someone in this position. They are good people, for sure, but their advice seems to be the same whatever the individual circumstances of those they are trying to help.

My position is that I don't want to do it and I am terrified of having to. I don't hate my life and I would love to live for a lot longer, but because of a situation that will soon be upon me, I feel trapped and with no real options.

My crisis is mostly financial and relates to the consequences of bad decisions I have made over the years that I believe cannot now be undone. If I could figure a way out of this situation, I would take it because I really do want to go on. But there seems to be no way out of the hole I am in. I get very depressed and I panic a lot, but that is entirely because of the impending crisis and my inability to stop it.

What makes the situation all the worse is that there is no easy way to do it. In one respect that may be a good thing because it can deter people who are later glad that they were deterred. But it comes as no comfort to me at this moment.

I don't really know what I am expecting from the forum, and my apologies if this post is rather too long for a first introduction.

Peter.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Financial situations can be fixed there are many here that have crashed and have had nothing but fought back to having stability again with their finances
You talk to a credit adjuster who will work with you to get your payments under control or even sometimes eliminated reach out and talk to them ok hugs

Financial situations can be fixed there are many here that have crashed and have had nothing but fought back to having stability again with their finances
You talk to a credit adjuster who will work with you to get your payments under control or even sometimes eliminated reach out and talk to them ok hugs
Thank you for your reply and advice. Unfortunately, my situation is one which a credit adjuster can't help with. There are other factors which are too long to go into, but the bottom line is that mine is not just a normal case of debt. How I wish it was - I could cope with that.

But again, thank you for caring and taking the time - I do appreciate it.

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00