Hi, I'm stapleremover

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by stapleremover, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

Hey there. I'm glad I found this forum..

I'm 48, female, single, I live in North Carolina, I'm and recently out of the hospital after three consecutive hospitalizations. The first two were attempts and the third was for severe depression and suicidal thoughts. I'm hoping to not end up back in the psych ward and I guess I'm hoping not to end up dead anytime soon...hopefully this will be a place to visit during the dark times. I'll tell you more about me later once I've looked around a bit.

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

welcome, glad you found this forum, what coping methods and strategies do you have in place?

3. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

Thanks, scaryforest. Well, the change in my meds has really helped a lot. Other than that, the suicide hotline in the US, meditation, more structure during the day, and chocolate. ;-)

(I've been to the UK twice, but almost 30 years ago...Derbyshire then London.)

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good to come here and just talk to others who understand I am glad to hear your medication changes are helping you now

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey and welcome, know we've already met Stephanie(lovely name btw ) but I'll welcome you again lols. Always here if you need someone :)

6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hahaha. out of those chocolate is def the best, ok
    i also turn to snacks for comfort a lot. good that meds are working, nothing as painful as when they do not.
    nice community here

i have not been to u.s. but plan to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.