Hi, I'm Val

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by blackberry_rain, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackberry_rain

blackberry_rain New Member

Hello, I'm new here. I'm 27. I never thought I'd find myself in this situation, but I've recently been thinking some pretty bad thoughts and I don't know where else to go. You can read my crappy story if you want, haha, I'm sure yours are worse!

Anyway, I've been stuck in one dumb relationship after another for over ten years. It's always the same, the nice guy turns out to be someone who ends up using me for one reason or another. I tried so hard, I was salutatorian in high school and got my Bachelor's degree and everything, but I work in a freaking factory now, making less than people who never finished high school. I thought I'd finally found the person I should have been with all along, but I recently found out he's been cheating on me and won't admit it. I told him if he just comes clean and talks to me about it, I can forgive him and let it go, but he won't. He still lives here with me, playing PS3 and texting constantly while I try to get him to open up to me. We've been together for a long time now, and he's the only person I've shared so much of my life with. I've never been close to my family at all, so they're not really an option here. I know it sounds ridiculous and juvenile to let something like this push me to the point of not wanting to go on, but this is my final attempt at living a somewhat normal life and it's going all to hell. I've always thought of myself as so uninteresting and unexceptional, and don't see anything ever changing.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Val i am sorry you have to deal with this guy I know you care abt him
    You need to tell him to leave okay for your own self esteem your own self worth
    tell him to back up his things and get out.
    YOu deserve better don't ever thing anything less okay He is not worth you pain and sadness time to move on okay get rid of him He only cares abt one thing and that is himself

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Val... I have to agree with Violet.. If you know he's cheating on you then give him the boot.. You don't have to put up with that..He sounds very immature..

4. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the SF Forums Val.

You'll find support and encouragement here.

5. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Hi Val and welcome to SF.

You will find lots of supportive people here who all understand where you are coming from in one way or another.

If it makes you feel even the tiniest bit better you are far from alone.I joined only a week ago as my partner of 5years admitted to cheating and has packed up and moved in with her...only just over a week ago I thought I had a normal relationship and somebody who loved me.I also do not talk to my family but for very different matters im presuming.I dont really have many proper friends just people online so I totally felt alone aswel.

You can pm me anytime you want if you would like to talk.And I hope you settle in soon.Just wanted to let you know I understand where you are coming from.I think that if hes cheated and you forgave him that it may eat away at you in the future and cause trust issues.This may not be true of course as I dont know you but please dont do anything rash either way.

We are all here for you,and sorry for rambling my heads all the over the shop today.

Ange xox
    *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.