Hi - it's scary being new

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MAS, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAS

MAS Active Member

Hi to everyone at the Suicide Forum. I joined a little while ago but havn't been brave enough to post, up until now, as it is scary being new.

I'm feeling very lonely today, deep down inside, even though I am not really alone as I have my partner and dog with me. I'm feeling very low and don't know what to do with myself. I feel the need to talk.

2. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Hi mas, welcome to the sf family :welcome:
    No need to be scared here we are all friends :) any time you need to talk, feel free!
    Lea :hug:

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum
    Glad you've posted :hug:

5. MAS

MAS Active Member

Thank you Leiaha, Mystic Eyes and iloveyou for your welcome. It may take me sometime to find out where to actually post so please bare with me.

6. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to the forums ^-^
    Don't be scared!! I'm quite new myself, but everyone is really friendly :hug:

7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome
    please dont be scared of posting :hug:
    we all try to take really good care of each other here no matter how new x

8. MAS

MAS Active Member

Awwww - you are all being so nice - thank you Puppy and Crookxshanks.

9. Invert

Invert Member

Hey, I'm new too so I can understand how you're feeling about being scared to post. It isn't easy, but everyone seems very supportive so take your time and know that you aren't alone here. Well done for posting an introduction and I hope you're able to take another step when you're ready.

10. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. When you are ready to talk, we are ready to listen :)

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)

13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

its 'normal' to be scared hun :smile: we all were i think when we started. :yes: :hug: after a while i'm sure you find we're not scary monsters and most of us can understand your feelings as the majority would be or have experienced what you've been through.
    :welcome: anyway and feel free to message me if you need an ear or two :smile:

14. MAS

MAS Active Member

Thank you Invert, LenaLunacy, gentlelady, sweetheart and wheresmysheep. U are all being so welcoming and kind - it is making me feel so much better. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

15. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

Hi,

I know how you feel you can be in a room full of people but yet feel alone...You are not alone and want to let you know that i'm thinking of you...If you want someone to chat with pm..:smile::rose:

16. MAS

MAS Active Member

Awww - thank you, Nicki. I'm still feeling very alone today - it is a feeling right in the pit of my stomach.

The trouble with this time of year is that my support groups at Mind are not on. I really need that support right now. I need to be with my friends at Mind who really understand me and give me support. Don't get me wrong, my partner (who is also in the Mental Health System) supports me 100% and I wouldn't be where I am without him. It is just sometimes you need your girl friends.

17. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hi MAS

welcome to our little community
    here you never need to feel alone or scared, we are here to help and support eachother in everyway from something big to something small.
    and you will find that you have alot in common with other members.

take care

18. MAS

MAS Active Member

Thank you Andyc68 for your lovely welcome. I've started to feel a little comfortable here already.

19. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Hey, welcome... being alone in a room full of people always makes me think of the end of episode 2.18 of scrubs :/... hope you can find the warmth of not feeling alone soon :(

20. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.