hi my name is mad and im an alcoholic

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mad hatter, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad hatter

mad hatter Active Member

90% of the times im suicidal its when ive got a hangover
    however the thought of never having another drink again is almost as bad

does anyone here go to AA meetings? im considering it but am unsure how it would help me

if you could describe your experiences id be muchly greatful

2. npain42long

npain42long Active Member

alcoholism is tough. i went to AA with my family member. i watched him suffer for a long time. i also watched him become sober with the help of a buddy inthe system. go for it. what can it hurt? I have an addiction and i often refer to it as similar to alcohol but it is towards abuse. i fight a daily battle against it. the toughest hill is the one where you admit to the problem. self denial, or what i call just out and out lying to myself, is the biggest hurdle. if you can be honest with yourself and say yes i have a problem then the you have pst the first hurdle. good for you. now go to the meetings. in these meetings i found these people do not expect you to be perfect. just like this forum. they embrace you for who you are and help you move forward. good luck.

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I myself do not go to AA because I don't drink often but I have been wishing my mother would go for a long time because alcohol consumes her life, she doesn't see her 4 kids or her grandson. I don't know if this article will help or not but I found it on the net and it just states what AA does and does not do.

http://www.legacyaa.com/book/WhatDoesAADo.htm

I hope it helps:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.