Hi, new and confused

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tony7, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony7

Tony7 Member

Hello, Im Tony, Im new to this site, and dont really know what Im expecting to get from it. Ive had a brief look and hopefully I can get some support and advice. Ive spoken via email to samaritans but while they are good to talk to, they will not give any advice on what to do or who else i could contact.
    At the moment, this is how things are: I feel completely depressed! I am on citalopram 40mg daily which started 6 months ago as 10mg then upped to 20, then in the 3rd month up to 40. For a while it made everything rosy, but now, it feels like im back to square one.
    What makes things worse, is that somehow (god knows how) I forgot to take them for 3 days and I have had the worst thoughts possible. I had actually planned to finish myself off tonight! I had expected to come home to an empty house, but when I got home, my girlfriend was here still. She is now out with her friends. i have self harmed a little instead but feel pretty stupid and guilty now.
    I apologise for rambling on, but since all this has taken hold, its all i seem to do. ramble on all the time with no particular point!
    well i dont really know what else to say without seeming like a nutcase

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

hey welcome

dont feel weird here, its a pretty open community and youll get advice and support as long as you post

3. Tony7

Tony7 Member

I hope so... I just feel so desperate:help:

4. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

im here to listen :)

5. loopy

loopy Well-Known Member

Hi Tony.
    Yes I emailed samaritans this week and while Im very gratefull they are there, they dont really have a lot to say. x

6. Tony7

Tony7 Member

yep. that was my thoughts of them as well

7. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I used to volunteer with the Samaritans before I got depressed again. I dislike responding to emails because the responses always seem to be so robotic and pre-programmed, always the same. You'd probably get more out of it if you called them :) 08457 90 90 90 if you're in the UK.

8. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

hey tony!

welcome!

i'm new too

and if you sound like a nutcase, then we all do!!! make the best of it!

:sparkle: nutcase chicken?

hang in there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.