Hi, new girl..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by silentdreamer, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentdreamer

silentdreamer Account Closed

Well this is my first try at something like this, the reason being I cut myself for the first time tonight, which I never thought I'd do honestly. I feel like my suicidal thoughts will soon become more than just thoughts.
    I'm a (just turned) 17 year old girl. I guess I'll keep it brief, Ive been depressed for exactly a year now.
    I've changed into the worst version of myself; anxious, angry, shy, insecure, miserable, procrastinator, eating disorder.. you name it. Oh and obviously quite negative lol..
    Um, my mothers manic depressed and has attempted suicide which has been really hard, shes constantly up and down.
    I feel like I'm ruining my own life (e.g good friendships, good grades, etc) and terrified of being a 30 year old in the same spot.
    Anyway, I'd really like to talk to people in the same kinda places, and I'd like to help anyone who needs to just talk or whatever :courage:
    So hello everyone!

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI silentdreamer.. welcome to Sf's... you are still young and there is lots of time to turn things around for yourself.. knowing that things are heading in wrong directions some now is the first step. having bipolar mom who is suicidal is really tough.. maybe a mental health professional all of your own might really help you now.. thanks for opening up here in this thread.. hope to hear some more from you in the future.. tc, Jim

3. NathanH

NathanH Well-Known Member

Hi Cassie and welcome. :)

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum silentdreamer. I am glad you joined us and recognized you need support. It is hard dealing with a parent that has mental issues. It is harder than many other illnesses because the subject is so taboo in society and people simply do not understand. I am not surprised to hear you suffer from some of these symptoms. If you don't like the changes you are seeing, choose one thing at a time to work on and try to get back the person you remember. Do not be afraid to seek outside help. I hope you keep posting here. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.