Hi, new here, yippie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already posted about my depression and upcoming suicide in Antiquities Friends and the "do you have a suicide plan" post so I'm not going to repeat it here. Here I'll list the few positive things.
I'm 32, very suprised i havent overdosed accidentally, died in an accident or caught HIV by now, basically very astonished i'm still alive after the 80 years of living i crammed into a decade.

I live in a New England state, near the coast. That's all i feel comfortable saying right now on that. I'm in the health care field but am among the army of the unemployed. I'm also a musician (guitar for 18 years now, vocals since my voice changed (puberty)), and a writer, a rather good one if I do say so myself.

I'm a longtime Deadhead (fan of the Grateful Dead) and am hippieish in appearance although not always in action. Life isn't all rainbows and flowers, sometimes it's knives, drugs and despair. I plan to post here until i either beat my depression or die. I plan to do one or the other by the end of the summer. In the meantime i hope you all can help me, and in turn, I can help you.

You can tell a lot about a man by the three people he admires most, and mine are Hunter S. Thompson, Jerry Garcia, and Prince Gauthama Siddhartha (Buddha).

That's it for now.

Remedy

Chat & Forum Buddy
Hey EyesOfTheWorld, welcome to SF! :)
You sound like an interesting person and I look forward to seeing more of you around the forums.
Hope you find the support you need here. :hug:

i know no one here can change your mind for you, but i just want to say, from experience, setting a date to be better by never works. i'm looking at 3 or 4 years battling to become "normal" again, and thats hard for me to understand cause i expect to be better instantly. but it doesnt happen.
I'm just saying that in the hope you understand and dont go for your other choice.
its a battle, one i know i dont want to fight, but i'm still trying.
either way welcome to the forums and feel free to message me if you want

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
welcome to the forum

i hope you find support here.....

have to say i've seen the dead a few times...most fun i've ever had, each time :cool: you're in good company with jerry, hunter and the buddha.

glad you reached out here - it is a positive thing..... :hug:

Well, things in my life have gotten a lot better even since i just joined this forum a whole 4 days ago or whatever. Honestly just having somewhere to vent about the past where i wouldn't be judged helped me to finally let go of that past and move to the future...why 4 days ago i was about to OD (and succeed) because i was sure i'd never find love again.........now look at my mood and see what it says!

And i never would have gotten up the courage to do what now seemed like such an obvious thing (propose to my female best friend of 17 years who i have been in love with forever and it turns out the feeling has been mutual the whole time, i was just too stupid to see it), had i not been able to release the negativity i was holding on to by posting about it here. Seriously.

Now i want to stick around and see if i can help anyone. And i'm sure more issues will come up, I'm sure i'll end up despairing over something else entirely, and again, being able to vent it here without being judged will help a lot, and let me move on to a solution for whatever the next problem will be.

Thank you:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00