Hi, new here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by mousey, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mousey

mousey Member

Hi

I'm not really sure what to say. For the first time in my life, my view on suicide has changed. I used to say how selfish it was but I don't feel that anymore. Instead, in the face of unbearable feelings and increasing depression, suicide seemed like my only option. And in fact the best thing I could do for those around me. Not only not selfish, but actually selfless. That is what I believed when I made an attempt just over a week ago.

Obviously I am still here. My attempt was discovered by my husband and I have spent much of the last week in a respite home for the suicidal. An experience I will always be grateful for.

I don't really know how to describe where I am at or how I feel now. I feel like it's a dream because I shouldn't be here. But at the same time I want to fight to live.

mousey

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF Mousey :hug:

3. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Hi Mousey, welcome to the forum.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad your husband found you. It seems he is supportive and you need that. Do you know what prompted these feelings?

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome. I hope you keep fighting to live!!

6. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Mousey..That was truley a blessing he found you.

I hope you continue to be ok.

I'm here for you if you ever need to talk.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums mousey!!!

8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

9. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. I'm sure you will find support here.

10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF mousey! :)
    Maybe your Husband can help you work through these feelings? I hope you find the support you need here. :hug:

11. NotSureAnymore

NotSureAnymore Well-Known Member

Welcome to the SF Mousey. I find this place to be full of great people that will support you w/o belittling you at the same time. xxx

12. mousey

mousey Member

Thanks for your welcomes. It's good to find somewhere I can be honest and hope that maybe someone understands.

13. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Sorry it's a bit late, but welcome to SF mousey.

:hug: xx

14. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :)

15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

hi mousey, welcome to sf. keep hold of that will to stay alive, that is a big thing to have. i'm sure no matter what you think they want; your family dont want you dead. keep pushing to get better, thats half the battle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.